PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Dear GM Engineers

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Dear GM Engineers

How did you get to the driver's side turn signal and driving lights without taking anything off? Maybe I'm just an idiot but I thought you had to take the wheel well out to get to that stuff.

Let me guess. The driving light prys off the side and you don't have to go behind it to change it......

Old 01-21-2008, 05:10 PM

Mike, I haven't found the turn signal directions yet. But, you can slide your hand in front of the Air Cleaner and access the headlight bulb.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:30 PM

Well, the nice thing is, this one comes with 4 years 50,000 miles bumper to bumper, so I'm not replacing bulbs myself.

Old 01-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Surely you don't expect GM to actually listen to their customers do you. Come on now, that would be doing market research to determine what your customers really wanted and then trying to satisfy that want or need. That would require developing a strategy of satisfying your customers and making them want to come back and buy your stuff over and over again. When I was at the Hummer/NFL rookie photo day at the LA Coliseum I asked the Hummer marketing people there why they didn't make a brushguard that folded down like the H1 Hummer's did so that you could easily clean the grill, etc. They looked at me like I was crazy and said no one had ever brought that up before so they didn't think it was much of an issue. I asked the guy if he had ever washed an H2 with the factory brushguard on it and guess what...he said no. You still have to work your hand, sponge, shammy or whatever into the 1" gap to try to clean and dry the grill. Off road option package with real options...been waiting for years on the H3 and all we get is the Adventure Package. It gets real frustrating when these guys are so close and just can't see the forest for the trees. Whew...I fell better now.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

That's what happens when you hire people right out of college who drive BMWs and Mercedez but work for GM and have never driven thetrucks, yet they are in charge of marketting them

Is that a stereotype? Yes, but I bet you anything it's a close one.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

They are not diving thatDeutscher Mist/German Crap. Those stupid moroons don't know what a tilt wheel and cruise control is.

They drive Corvettes and Cadillacs. [8D]

Old 01-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

OK. They are not Morons. I apologize for saying that. It was the heat of the moment and I was very aggrivated

They should, however, make the vehicles a little bit more user-friendly.

If they do drive Cadi's, at least they are driving GM products, so I'll cut them a break

Old 01-22-2008, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

I think engineers should have to incorporate working with their engineered designs for a few months and tweaking them before they can even be considered for production.