PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Best Wax

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 05:07 PM
Default Best Wax

Spring is here and time to get the northern winter off my H3.....Although it see's a lot of mud it cleans up and still looks new once its shining. I have used McGuire's Tech wax over the years but after using Mothers Back to Black I am going to try out the new California Gold Carnauba and Cleaner Wax......Just wondering what makes yours shine.....

Old 03-29-2011, 10:37 AM

I'm a huge fan of turtle wax's liquid ICE product. It comes in a bottle with an applicator sponge and a microfiber. It says polish on it, but it's a clear wax. Super easy to use, wipe on with the sponge, wait and buff off. It even makes our plastic trim pieces look great, but I use another product for that.

It really makes my white truck shine, and the best part is it works great with multiple coats and can even be applied in direct sunlight.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:08 PM

I don't want this to sound like I don't do any kind of work, but I haven't washed or waxed a vehicle in many years. My best friend has a body shop and does all that for me. He repairs and details a lot of high dollar cars.

Anyway, I called him and asked the wax question. He said the best was Zymol, but it's an awful lot of work. Next he liked Liquid Glass, it's not too bad to put on. And third, he liked the Meguiar's Tech wax, and it goes on pretty easy, also.

There you have it from a guy who makes his living making cars look really good, for whatever that's worth.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:00 PM

I will surely try to use this one seems to be really good i am wondering weather it is worth. well i will buy that one.

Truck Parts Store

Old 04-24-2011, 01:51 PM

I just ordered some Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax for my H3. I haven't used it yet but will post a follow-up when I do.

My neighbor swears by this for his many class Mopar cars.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:19 PM
Banned

It even makes our plastic trim pieces look great, but I use another product for that.
ILL TRY THAT just if it dont screw up the trim!! it'd be worth it

Old 04-24-2011, 02:31 PM

I've read a lot of good reviews of Zaino - this is the way I'd go if I were looking to get and maintain a show car finish. For my H3t, whatever comes out when I push the "deluxe" button on the drive-through car wash is fine.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
ILL TRY THAT just if it dont screw up the trim!! it'd be worth it
Yeah it makes the trim look very deep black and shiny, it's great. I use meguiars ultimate protectant on my trim since it works great on everything in the interior too.

If you just want a wham bam thank you ma'am all in one exterior solution then Turtle WAX Liquid ICE is pretty great. It can go on in direct sunlight too.

For what you're after, the best thing to do would be to pretty much just slap it onto everything on the outside and then buff it off the paint with a microfiber and leave it on the trim.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Banned
Default oh btw,,

whatever wax i used in the past i have avoided the rubber/trim but NOT the glass!
i wax the glass inside and out and its terrific,crystal clear and water falls off and simple compared to that silicon JUNK. if you dont believe do a side for a test, you'll luv it. and its ez

Old 04-25-2011, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
whatever wax i used in the past i have avoided the rubber/trim but NOT the glass!
i wax the glass inside and out and its terrific,crystal clear and water falls off and simple compared to that silicon JUNK. if you dont believe do a side for a test, you'll luv it. and its ez
Well, I'll tell you that Turtle Wax ICE is a silicone, but not completely, it's more of a silicone polymer blend based on reading their website, and the information I was told from their support.

Honestly, it doesn't perform like other pure silicone or silicone based products I've used in the past. Its all together a different animal.

I'm sure I could get better results by going with a better more time intensive product, but being 22 and working as much as I do, I have better things to do when detailing my truck on the weekends than spend two hours on waxing alone.

I'm more than happy with it, it performs great and can be layered like other Wax's, and its quick and easy. The effort to result ratio is phenomenal and good enough that I don't even consider longer more involved products now.

The only thing that confused me at first is that they call it a "polish" on the front of the bottle, but call it a wax and explain it like one on the back. That's not very good product branding if you ask me, the weekend warrior that doesn't know a lot about detailing probably looks right past it all the time at the auto parts store because it doesn't say wax.

That being said I do keep more intensive waxing products on hand since I do break out the orbital a few times a year when it's warm out, and I figure hey if I'm going that far I might as well do a good wax job too.

Quick Reply: Best Wax