PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AV- Home Automation / Roomie Remote i

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 10:12 AM
Default AV- Home Automation / Roomie Remote i

Hi guys,

I am into home cinema, smart home gadgets etc, and I just came across Roomie Remote (an app for IOS) and am reasonably impressed with it. I bought the app, and the expansion pack to unlock the number of . Managed to get my Denon X4100W, apple TV, KODI (XBMC) installation going, and also even somehow managed to get my girlfriends Plex HT installaton on her mac working (needed to add the Plex MS as a manual option- it's on a WHS pc). I am now looking at buying an RS232 blaster for my EPSON TW6100W, but before i do, I wanted to ask if anyone can explain how i can actually get the media to show on my ipad/iphone. I have the control, but not the cover art etc. There's no real literature aside from a couple of basic intro youtube vids. I am not sure if i can even get the cover art and the browsing capability without the annual service they charging for.
Any pointers ?

Also as a side note, if i buy a global cache blaster (IR or RS232) and decide to dump roomie, what other software could I use to make use of them ? Ultimately the projector needs to be connected somehow.

thx