PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About fuel system cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 10:54 PM
Default About fuel system cleaner

I was searching for fuel system cleaner for my H1. Recently I found a product here https://www.bcdiesel.ca/en/archoil-d...-cleaner-430ml. It is a truck spare parts store. Can I use this in my Hummer? I hope this can be used in all kinds of diesel vehicles. Do you have some other suggestions? Please help me with your replies.

Old 01-14-2017, 01:04 PM

Before using a diesel "cleaner" you need to make sure that the fuel tank is clean. H1 trucks are roughly 15+ years old. Diesel tanks can grow alge. So if you have a dirty fuel tank it does not matter if or what kind of cleaner you use there will still be gunk in the tank. . I would order a new fuel tank drain plug ( the old one will probably be toast) then drain the main tank into clean buckets and look at the fuel. If you have a bunch of nasty crap come out i would remove the fuel tank and thoroughly clean it. There is a access plate on top of the tank. The reserve tank does not have a drain plug so, if the main tank is dirty you will need to also remove the rear tank to clean it. Personally, FI like the Lucas upper cylinder lubricant fuel additive- it's good for gas or diesel. I recomend using every fuel tank fill up. This new diesel is so dry it needs more lubricity. Also btw- make sure never to fill up when or right after the fuel tanker is droping fuel at the gas station( this mixes up all the dirt in the tank)