PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

31 dead in VA tech shooting

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Default 31 dead in VA tech shooting

F-ing crazy world.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Default RE: 31 dead in VA tech shooting

awfull[:@]

Old 04-16-2007, 05:32 PM

Umm ... with the risk of getting gunned down myself here but ... with the liberal gun laws we have in this country, I really don't find this particularly surprising .. it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when ... All it takes is one nut case with a gun collection ... one day something short circuits and voila ... I'm curious to see what they will blame this time .. heavy metal music or shoot em up video games ... I guess ya'll need to worry your azzes off about me to then.. I love the music and those are my fav games if I end up playing anything ...

Old 04-16-2007, 05:45 PM

It truly has nothing to do with gun laws. I know it is cliche, but "When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns." The fact is criminals are criminals and they don't give a crap about gun laws. They are already commiting a criminal act, do you really think they will have second thoughts and say, "Hmmm...maybe I shouldn't use a gun in a crime, because it is illegal to have a gun." Hell NO...they will still commit the crime because they are operating outside of societal norms...They are Criminals!!! [sm=headbang.gif]

Old 04-16-2007, 06:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Racerboy80

It truly has nothing to do with gun laws. I know it is cliche, but "When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns." The fact is criminals are criminals and they don't give a crap about gun laws. They are already commiting a criminal act, do you really think they will have second thoughts and say, "Hmmm...maybe I shouldn't use a gun in a crime, because it is illegal to have a gun." Hell NO...they will still commit the crime because they are operating outside of societal norms...They are Criminals!!! [sm=headbang.gif]
No offense doode but if they were not so readily available, less people would own them ... I use to live in a different country where that was the case and whaddaya know ...
You can buy a shotgun in Meijer's here for christ sakes ... that to me is absolutely INSANE! I just don't see Mr. and Mrs Doe walking through said store knocking off items from their shopping list, milk, butter, bread, SHOTGUN, orange juice, carrots .. etc etc .. And the laws themselves are definitely a part of the problem .. they are ultimately the thing paving the road for the EASE of acquiring a gun, not the CAUSE for acquiring them! And lets face it here, WHEN were those laws written!? Has the world .. I dunno, CHANGED a bit since then!?

To completely rule out the gun laws and the ease of getting some of these weapons as NOThaving an impact is NO different than turning a blind side to the problem and putting on aSTUNNING, and EMBARRASING act of self indunced ignorance based entirely on a how many hundred year old idea that has NEVER been modernized to fit our changing world.

And on another note .. you may sell a gun to someone today .. then 10 years down the road he just looses it ... and starts whacking people with said gun ... SOOOOOOOOOOOOO ... you didn't sell it to a criminal .. but he became one .. now what, how do you propose to handle this!? This could VERY well be the case here ... some event in this guys life trigged something in his head and this model asian american guy just went ape **** ... I guess the point is ... you simply just don't know!

Old 04-16-2007, 06:27 PM

If you would like to take this conversation even further and speculate about the "criminals" getting a hold of guns ... well, lets ... assuming we have 10,000,000 hand guns on the market .. for the sakes of argument ... and if X percent of those guns end up on the black market, one way or another ... well, simple math here tells us .. decrease the initial number and the X factor will drop too ... not really rocket science here folks ...

Old 04-16-2007, 06:30 PM

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

ORIGINAL: Racerboy80

No offense doode but if they were not so readily available, less people would own them ... I use to live in a different country where that was the case and whaddaya know ...
You can buy a shotgun in Meijer's here for christ sakes ... that to me is absolutely INSANE! I just don't see Mr. and Mrs Doe walking through said store knocking off items from their shopping list, milk, butter, bread, SHOTGUN, orange juice, carrots .. etc etc .. And the laws themselves are definitely a part of the problem .. they are ultimately the thing paving the road for the EASE of acquiring a gun, not the CAUSE for acquiring them! And lets face it here, WHEN were those laws written!? Has the world .. I dunno, CHANGED a bit since then!?

To completely rule out the gun laws and the ease of getting some of these weapons as NOThaving an impact is NO different than turning a blind side to the problem and putting on aSTUNNING, and EMBARRASING act of self indunced ignorance based entirely on a how many hundred year old idea that has NEVER been modernized to fit our changing world.

And on another note .. you may sell a gun to someone today .. then 10 years down the road he just looses it ... and starts whacking people with said gun ... SOOOOOOOOOOOOO ... you didn't sell it to a criminal .. but he became one .. now what, how do you propose to handle this!? This could VERY well be the case here ... some event in this guys life trigged something in his head and this model asian american guy just went ape **** ...
Once they formulate a plan and take a substantial step towards accomplishing their crime they are indeed criminals. They are planning an action outside of the law. Whether they had the guns before the they plan the crime or obtain them after they make the plan they are still going to commit a criminal act and they won't give a damn what the law says about owning guns.

If gun laws are implemented to restrict the ownership of firearms or make it harder to purchase them there will be now way to enforce these laws. There are millions of guns in circulation today...owned by law abiding citizens, like ourselves, and by not so law abiding citizens. The only people who are going to follow the laws are the law abiding citizens, not the people living outside of the law. If guns are outlawed you and I will turn in our guns and the criminals will keep theirs. This in turn will create a black market for guns and they will still be available to purchase, just not legally. It would only delay the crime from happening if the person is dead set on commiting the crime.

I believe that the only type of crime we would prevent by outlawing guns is the shooting that is done in a heat of passion. It would give the person time to calm down and possibly prevent the crime from happening in the first place, but as I stated before, if the crime is one that is being planned, the plan will include acquiring guns...

Old 04-16-2007, 07:11 PM

I'm not getting involved in this argument, because I value both of your opinions very much. I am a gun owner and I have a carry permit. Gotta kkep the "johns" inline with my hoes! lol!! But seriously, I have quite a few handguns for personal protection and a Russian AK for fun. I look at it this way. We have had a few shootings here where some nut case has gone in and shot up a place. If one other person had a gun, they may have been able to stop it. Another story. I have a few patient's that are Pittsburgh cops. I recently heard a story of some guy that was robbed in a parking garage. He handed over his money and was still shot. I myself like to go to events downtown. Pittsburgh is just like other cities. There's alot of scum that may want to take advantage and I simply won't let that happen. I also would like to mention that if one other student at VA rech had a gun, it may not have ended so tragically. I think that no matter what the laws are, criminals will take advantage and the innocent have the right to protect themselves and their property. Boy I guess I did get in in this. lol!!

Old 04-16-2007, 07:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Sugardaddy

I'm not getting involved in this argument, because I value both of your opinions very much. I am a gun owner and I have a carry permit. Gotta kkep the "johns" inline with my hoes! lol!! But seriously, I have quite a few handguns for personal protection and a Russian AK for fun. I look at it this way. We have had a few shootings here where some nut case has gone in and shot up a place. If one other person had a gun, they may have been able to stop it. Another story. I have a few patient's that are Pittsburgh cops. I recently heard a story of some guy that was robbed in a parking garage. He handed over his money and was still shot. I myself like to go to events downtown. Pittsburgh is just like other cities. There's alot of scum that may want to take advantage and I simply won't let that happen. I also would like to mention that if one other student at VA Tech had a gun, it may not have ended so tragically. I think that no matter what the laws are, criminals will take advantage and the innocent have the right to protect themselves and their property. Boy I guess I did get in this. lol!!

Old 04-16-2007, 07:18 PM

I have no idea how a quoted myself. lol!!

Quick Reply: 31 dead in VA tech shooting