PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Turbonetics Sale & NOW 3yr/36k Powertrain Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 01:04 PM
Default RE: *NEW* Turbonetics H3 Turbo Kit - 350HP!

Still pull a trailor... heck yeah, that is one of the main selling points of the kit. Added power gain for towing performance.

This is the only other picture I have of it installed... It's a tight fit so there's not much to show.

ORIGINAL: jn1300r

If I can still pull a trailer with this kit I am ready to order. Also any more pics of the install??

Hey Now!

ORIGINAL: Sugardaddy

WOW!!!!!!!!
Sorry about the late reply, the notification e-mail went to my SPAM Box...

Jesse

Old 12-05-2006, 10:01 PM

The battery is not mounted there in an H3...Just curious..what's up with that?..Is it an extra one for a wench?

Old 12-06-2006, 12:14 AM

not to speak for him but judging by the terminal blocks on top of it and the fact that it's an optima I would guess it's a second battery for a sound system. Those terminals are like a power distrubution block, gives you like 5 4 gauge outputs...real clean.

One question I have is this....not to sound like a dik...serious question.

What is the advantages of spending nearly twice as much money for this tubo kit that the supercharger kit thats also available? I help build/race grand nationals so I am very familiar with the turbo world, but wouldn't an off road truck that needs low torque be better off with a supercharger that provides most of its increased power in the lower RPM range?

Old 12-06-2006, 01:22 PM

Yes exactly, the H3 in the picture was a joint show truck with the sunglass manufacturer DSG and Turbonetics... The battery is to power the crazy system in the truck and it is used at all of the shows for both companies. There was a second bone stock H3 used for R & D as well, to make sure the piping, etc fits as it should!

You second question is not a bad question, your not being a dik LOL... - A correctly matched Turbocharger will provide more torque and more HP than an equivalent Supercharger.

Turbo -vs- SC

Power Creation: A turbocharger & supercharger force feed your engine with compressed air. A turbo uses the engine's waste (exhaust gases) to spin a turbine hooked to an impeller (compressor). The compressed air adds volume to each charge creating more power. A supercharger uses the engines spin (hooked up by a pulley system) to, in general terms, do the same thing. The issue: Since it is hooked up to the engine's spin it robs the engine of power to make power (Typically 10%+). It's also always spinning. A turbo only creates boost when there is a load to the engine, therefore at highway speed or just cruising, you stay out of boost. This helps keep the engine temps down, adding longevity to the system. Second, since there is no boost, there is no need for additional fuel which will greatly improve gas mileage over the SC. (Engineering wise, there is no competition. My father was a mechanical engineer for 30 years; he would have choses a turbo based solely on how it produces boost!)

Air Temperature: A turbocharger can compress air more efficiently than a supercharger. It does not heat up the intake charge nearly as much as a supercharger. Therefore allows the car to run stronger and longer than with a supercharger (all boost levels and ambient temperature being equal). Also with a roots type blower, it is very hard to add an intercooler to the mix.

Torque Curve: A Roots Type Supercharger, yes can make boost at a lower RPM. However, a Centrifugal supercharger is geared to reach full boost at redline, therefore at idle and low RPMs it actually makes less power than a Turbocharger. Besides, a correctly matched turbo will show quick spool, minimal lag and can create power throughout the RPM band.

Upgrades: To upgrade the boost levels of a supercharger, you need to swap out pulleys and may only be able to get 10-12 PSI before you run out of room. To make more power from a turbo, all you have to do is turn up the boost. A simple boost controller can do the trick and will allow you to make adjustments on the fly, without having to wrench in a new pulley. Imaging cruising down the highway and you get challenged. If you run a supercharger, are you going to pull over, swap out the pulley (if you can even do this on the road) and then race? No, but if you have a turbo, you can just hit the hi-boost setting and be gone.

Hope this clears things up...

Jesse

ORIGINAL: importkiller

not to speak for him but judging by the terminal blocks on top of it and the fact that it's an optima I would guess it's a second battery for a sound system. Those terminals are like a power distrubution block, gives you like 5 4 gauge outputs...real clean.

One question I have is this....not to sound like a dik...serious question.

What is the advantages of spending nearly twice as much money for this tubo kit that the supercharger kit thats also available? I help build/race grand nationals so I am very familiar with the turbo world, but wouldn't an off road truck that needs low torque be better off with a supercharger that provides most of its increased power in the lower RPM range?

Old 12-06-2006, 05:27 PM

welcome, now what is the Killer deal you promised us?
As soon as you let me know what our killer deal is I am ready to order.[8D]

Old 12-06-2006, 05:34 PM

I actually hadn't solidified anything... I was waiting to get feedback on what people want with the kit? Boost Gauge, Turbo Timer? FREE Shipping... Give me some ideas as to what you want and I'll try to make it happen

Jesse

welcome, now what is the Killer deal you promised us?
As soon as you let me know what our killer deal is I am ready to order.[8D]

Old 12-07-2006, 02:04 PM

Me personally I just want the kit as is.

Old 12-07-2006, 02:11 PM

Oh yeah, I am not talking about changing the kit... I was more thinking about adding a boost gauge turbo timer and shipping for $1.00 more... How's that sound?

Jesse

Me personally I just want the kit as is.

Old 12-07-2006, 06:51 PM

Any thoughts on what everyone would like to see as a promotional deal with this kit?

Thanks

Jesse

Old 12-08-2006, 07:09 PM

No ideas? Nobody wants any freebies with the kit?

Have a great weekend...

Jesse

ORIGINAL: TurboKits.com

Any thoughts on what everyone would like to see as a promotional deal with this kit?

Thanks

Jesse

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Sale & NOW 3yr/36k Powertrain Warranty