PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbonetics Sale & NOW 3yr/36k Powertrain Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Default RE: NOW $4295 - Turbonetics H3 Turbo Kit - 350HP Out of the Box!

I own the kit,and i am happy with it.but there are a few things i don't understand.

like the oil drain not being at 90°or kinked.The kits comes with an 90° fitting for the oil pan.
quote• Oil line needs to make smooth transition into oil pan (no 90° fittings on pan)

or where the the drain line should be above the oil level in the pan(kit tells you to drill it there)
quote• Oil drain needs to be placed as high as possible on oil pan (above the oil level)

Old 10-04-2007, 09:59 PM

ORIGINAL: MIAPLAYA

I'm not going to downplay the issues you have had but there are some resolutions available.
I'm aware of that, and I'm not an engineer, so I'm not going to get into engineering arguments here. My biggest problem is this . . . we've been told for almost a year now about how great and complete this kit was, in fact, here are some quotes:

"We do not need a guinea pig, the kit is 100% done"
"Turbonetics does top quality R & D and wouldn't be selling a kit if they hadn't tested it and re tested it, etc."

If this is the case, why are/were there still so many issues of significant magnitude?? My time is valuable, and I purchased this kit in good faith that the product would be as closely represented to what has been stated here, and I expected a quick install and expected to be out on the road enjoying what I paid for. For me, and obviously for many others, it has not been. We/them have had to work thru issues as if we were R&D testers, some of us on our own dime, without so much as an admittance of fault or acceptance of responsibility from Turbonetics. All I've gotten is an attitude from some Sales Manager from Turbonetics, and finally had to go it myself to get my issues somewhat resolved.

I'm not arguing anyone elses results, good or bad, so those of you who feel compelled to "spin my points" or to argue mine can do so amongst yourselves. I didn't make any posts to give or take business from Jesse or Turbonetics, I was simply stating my experience, factual and unbiased for the other members of this board. I would have done the same thing if the results would have been positive, so why shouldn't I have made them when they were negative??The only arguments I madeto others is when they spoke about my situation and spoke inaccurately about it. I've made enough points on this subject,I'm dealing with Turbonetics privately and nothing more needs to be said publicly on the topic, sotake it for what it's worth and good luck to everyone.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 10-07-2007, 07:36 AM

Yesterday I got my car back from the mechanic. I ran the Trubo hard for hours. Until now I have had no problems and the car is behaving perfectly. Amayzing how much more faster it is. Is lot, lotfaster than a Porsche Cayenne * the2008 V6at least sinceI had a little test with one last night. Thesound is incredible and the blow off valve definitely brings attention to the beast while driving by, it is boosting 7 pounds. It handles great. One thing there was an O-ring that was not the proper diameterfor the waterlineright next to the turbobut my mechanic sawthe water leakeagewhiletesting it, change it and fixed it.Other than that, some extrarubber protection in between the pipes andantiswaybarare needed to reduce the intercooler pipe from hitting it and make a rattleing noise. Also the the H3 frontcoverthat saysH3which is under the bumperis too tight to fit the intercooler pipes so acouple of spacers were needed.Other than that everything was a easy install beased on my mechanic. As soon ashe put the ECUthere was not much to do. For now and I say only for now since it has been a day, I recommend this to anyone. I did speak with Jesseby phoneand he was very helpfull. And spoke withEd inTurbonetics to clear all doubts beforetaking the H3 fir a spin. It really behaves like a beast, soundslike a beast and to behonest the ride is a lot more smoother as far as automatic shifting is concenerd. The transition between gears is very smooth while flying. I say flying compared to theHeavy slow factory H3. To put it incontext. The H3 when from a heavy cruise ship to beeing a cigarrette. I am still taking it to the mechanic on monday so he can check if everything is still in place.

I will keep everybody updated,hopefully thiswill not change and everything will stay running fine.I will send pictures laters. For now peace out going out to burn some rubber!

Old 12-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Default RE: Turbonetics Sale & NOW 3yr/36k Powertrain Warranty

Update 12/12/07 - Yes you heard it right, we have a sale going on right now that not only gets you a killer deal on the kit but we can offer a 3 Year / 36,000 Mile Powertrain Warranty with it. That right up to $5000K ($3000 Motor/$2000 Tranny) coverage for only $295...

* SALE * SALE * SALE *
05-06 H3 - $4295.00

Warranty - $295.00

You can get either a FREE Autometer Boost Gauge & APEXi Turbo Timer or $100 Off.
This sale is good until the end of Dec 2007!

Call (860-676-2929), E-mail (
sales@turbo-kits.com) or PM to order.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:44 PM

THEY ARE ALL LYING!!!!

Be warned that it is not as it says, it has taken months of my time to make it work right, turbonetics customer service is bad, I had to return the turbo and my car was down for 4 weeks, the kit is nice in its infantile state but needs a good engineer to fine tune and work out the bugs unfortunately turbonetics does not want to do that they rather work them out on there customers. I finally have the kit working with a lot of modifications and help. Defiantly not a plug in play item, I will say this that once it works its like bringing out a demon I the H3 most stock V8 can not touch me. There is however with any turbo or supercharger up grade a problem with the stab trac system it doesn’t like it so you will have a constant eng light and stab track failure alarm, does not affect performance but is irritating, and no one will tell you about this till after you spend the thousands of dollars it takes to get the kit working.

In close I have driven the 08 alpha v8 and i would keep the money for the kit as a down payment for the new H3 and save some long term head aches, i guess in close as far as turbonetics goes run run run fare away from them.

PS, turbokits.com is a complete liar, I have spoken with Reggie Wynn Sales manager for turbonetics personally and all these so called repairs and customer service **** he is talking about do not exist, for example there is only one version of the ECU re-flash and has only ever been one, turbonetics has not nor do they intend on ever fixing the ECU problem.

With that in mind I would love to entertain the option of all us consumers getting together and suing the **** out of these lying misleading scoundrels.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:25 AM

Who did you order the kit from?

All of the infoin this post are from actual instances & expierence with helping customers resolve issues. It was all fact based on the information we were receiving from customers and Turbonetics tech support...

In regards to the customer service,if you bought the kit somewhere else and they didn't act as the middle man between you and Turbonetics to get your issues resolved or some compensation then maybe you should be calling them a liar! If you bought the kit from us and didn't contact us when you had a problem, how are we supposed to know you need help?

In regards to the tune, I had a customer who's tune was causing a check engine light and some hesitation in acceleration, he sent the ECU back to Turbonetics they reflashed it and he contacted me and said it's now running great...

We have since sold the kit to other customers who have reported back with happy results.

ORIGINAL: beg4me

PS, turbokits.com is a complete liar, I have spoken with Reggie Wynn Sales manager for turbonetics personally and all these so called repairs and customer service **** he is talking about do not exist, for example there is only one version of the ECU re-flash and has only ever been one, turbonetics has not nor do they intend on ever fixing the ECU problem.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:22 PM

ORIGINAL: beg4me

I have spoken with Reggie Wynn Sales manager for turbonetics personally and all these so called repairs and customer service **** he is talking about do not exist,
RW is a flat-out LIAR!! I got my system working (after thousands of $$$'s) well enough to trade-in my H3 and get away from it.
Turbonetics sent me a grand for my troubles. [sm=boosign.gif]

I've spent a lot of money (easily 6 figures)in my life modifying vehicles, and this is the 2nd worse experience doing this kit. The first experience will never be topped.

Don't say you haven't been warned!!

[sm=imsorry.gif]

Old 03-10-2008, 01:37 PM

If I had sold this someone I would:

1: be totaly embarrased
2: 100% want to make things right by getting the customers vehicle usable and at the very least giving them some form of monetary compensation
3: Hope like hell I wasn't going to be hearing from one or more lawers in the near future

After reading this whole thread there is no way I would buy a nut,bolt and 2 washers from you guy's................... seriously I mean damn there is obviously a problem with your product at the very least on some vehicles. A good buisness line to remember is YOUR CUSTOMERS DON'T NEED YOU, YOU NEED YOUR CUSTOMERS.
What I can't believe is the fact that not only are certain people here seemingly being left high and dry but you are still activly trying to peddle your product here like nothing is wrong. lol

Old 03-11-2008, 10:08 AM

It's not our kit, it's made by Turbonetics, we are just a store selling it. Just like Hummer dealers sell the Hummers to you, we are a Turbonetics dealer and we sell their products to the consumer. As a dealer, we promote new products from our supplier. Just as Hummer dealers promoted the H3 to you.

Since the kit was released we have sold it to customers who have reported no issues and have been happy. Just likeany company, we have customers that had problems and were not happy with the product. Since we don't actually make the kits, the only thing we have control over is how the customers are helped. Inthis case, we did our best with the resources we had to resolve our customers problems.

In reality we sold the kit to only a few members on this board, 1 of them reported back with happy results, another had the check engine light issue which we worked with Turbonetics to resolve at no cost to the customer and the 3rd we were able to get Turbonetics to send a check for$1000 (he had a lifted set up which needed a more custom tune).

Have you read through the whole thread? You will see that we never covered anything up and never abandoned any customers. It's all right in the thread for the public to see so I am not going to re-hash it all here.

If you have any further questions or comments feel free to ask...

ORIGINAL: jackk frost

If I had sold this someone I would:

1: be totaly embarrased
2: 100% want to make things right by getting the customers vehicle usable and at the very least giving them some form of monetary compensation
3: Hope like hell I wasn't going to be hearing from one or more lawers in the near future

After reading this whole thread there is no way I would buy a nut,bolt and 2 washers from you guy's................... seriously I mean damn there is obviously a problem with your product at the very least on some vehicles. A good buisness line to remember is YOUR CUSTOMERS DON'T NEED YOU, YOU NEED YOUR CUSTOMERS.
What I can't believe is the fact that not only are certain people here seemingly being left high and dry but you are still activly trying to peddle your product here like nothing is wrong. lol

Old 03-11-2008, 10:25 AM

What are the chances of getting an actual Turbonetics representative to
come on-line and address these issues?

I would think it in their best interest to do so.

Everyone might just learn something.

Based on what I've read here in this thread, I think my pocket book and piece of mind
would be better served by simply putting any potential (turbo) funds towards the
purchase of an Alpha.

(Which by the way, has a beefy enough diff to handle the extra HP)

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Sale & NOW 3yr/36k Powertrain Warranty