PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Running boards for H-3

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 12:29 PM
Default Running boards for H-3

Hi, I am a brand new H-3 owner and also a rookie at posting/using forums. I live in Juneau Alaska, bought our black H-3 in Seattle WA. It came with chrome step tubes and I installed the GM mudflaps, but after just a few days of rainy weather and lots of dirt from the winter roads thawing out, I have been looking for running boards to protect the lower body and to help keep it clean. Haven't found any running boards on line yet, any suggestions or after market items that could help keep the dirt/mud from wiping out my paint job and keeping it clean for more than an hour?
Thanks!

Old 03-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Default RE: Running boards for H-3

wow. black, alaska & clean. there's 3 words that don't belong in the same sentence. i don't think ayone is making running boards. you may need to get some from another vehicle and have them fabbed to fit. the design on the rear fenders leaves a bit to be desired, but i think you'll still be happy with your new truck. unless you're like another guy here (initials are D E N N I S) that washes it every other day, then gets mysterious snail trails on the hood . . . .3m makes a clear protective film you could put on your fenders that will help protect the paint, but won't help keep it clean.

Old 03-24-2006, 12:55 PM

ORIGINAL: shortbus

then gets mysterious snail trails on the hood . .
[sm=dontgetit.gif][sm=morning.gif]

Old 03-24-2006, 01:06 PM

you said your cat leaves ***** tracks all over the truck after you wash it and park it in the garage . . . .

Old 03-24-2006, 01:46 PM

ORIGINAL: shortbus

you said your cat leaves ***** tracks all over the truck after you wash it and park it in the garage . . . .
I meant................he's a MALE[sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 03-24-2006, 02:42 PM

well, you weren't specific enough the first time. [sm=icon_beat.gif]

Old 03-25-2006, 12:23 AM

Try calling this place maybe somthing might fit give the the mesurments

http://www.autoanything.com/departme...bes_side_steps

Old 03-25-2006, 01:30 AM

Thanks, will give it a shot, talked to McCann Hummer in Fife WA. and they were unaware of any being manufactured yet. One more question for you; does your rear wiper only go from like an 11 o'clock position to a 2 or 3 o'clock position? I didn't try that out while when we bought it down in Seattle and it seems like an awfully small area that it covers?
Thanks!!

Old 03-25-2006, 01:34 AM

Thanks for the info, am tracking down a couple of leads, but the dealer in Washington wasn't aware of any being made yet. I confess I am a bit like your friend Dennis as I try to keep our rigs nice and clean YearRound....even in Alaska!
thanks!

Old 03-25-2006, 01:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Juneau H 3

Thanks for the info, am tracking down a couple of leads, but the dealer in Washington wasn't aware of any being made yet. I confess I am a bit like your friend Dennis as I try to keep our rigs nice and clean YearRound....even in Alaska!
thanks!
Bless you my friend..may the Carnauba[sm=hail.gif] Gods smile down on you.

Quick Reply: Running boards for H-3