PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New H2 owner. ABS and BRAKE lights are on

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Default New H2 owner. ABS and BRAKE lights are on

Hello everyone. Excited to say that I have just purchased a blacked out Hummer H2. I love it, but I have had some concerns already. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

When I got the Hummer home, I realized that the air was only blowing from the defrost and the drivers side temp would not go out of hot. I had to replace the mode actuator and the bland door actuator. That repair is now complete.

We tested everything with the dash off, all was good. Tested everything again after the dash was re-installed, all was good. Tested again after all was completed, and all was again good.

After cleaning up, went to take the Hummer for a ride. Once started, I had an ABS light and Brake warning light come on. They will not go off.

I have only got 100 miles on the Hummer since the purchase, but I purchased it with no warranty. I am going to try the dealership on Monday to see if there is anything that they will do, but i am doubtful.

We have checked all of the basics. Brake fluid level, emergency brake swith, wheel sensor cables, brake pads. We even checked for codes, and there are no codes in the system.

I really hate to take this thing to the local dealership out of fear of being overcharged.

Any suggestons or tips???

Old 02-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Default Answers

Marty did you ever get this issues resovled? It is the same brake light issue that I have. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks
Larry Bright
larrywbright@hotmail.com