PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought my First Hummer

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 10:29 PM
Default Just bought my First Hummer

hey everyone! Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. My name is Dan and I just bought my first Hummer. While I was in the army I had a blast breaking the military so I thought I would buy my own. In all actuality, I wasn't looking for one when I was driving down the road and saw her setting in a car lot and I told myself if its clean its mine. 3 hours later I was leaving in my 2005 Hummer.

There are of course some things she needs from being 13 years old and fairly low miles at 90k. It's been repainted before, not a great job but not to bad either. The power mirrors are weak not wanting to turn themselves in and back out. I'm sure ill be using this site a lot in the coming weeks, so I would like to say thank you in advance. I've also already made a few buys for her that should be coming in over the next few days.

Air Raid intake tube
K&N cone filter
Magnaflow Catback
BBK shorty header with ARP bolts
In-dash DVD with back up camera

At this time i would like to introduce TONKA!!

Attached Thumbnails Just bought my First Hummer-img_0784.jpg  
Old 06-19-2018, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:29 PM

Welcome to HF. Thanks for the photo.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:37 PM

Got some of my goodies put on today as well as some not so good news from my goodies.

first off the exhaust system is how these should have came from the factory! I hated how quite it was but didn’t want it to crazy. The magnaflow resonator with built in X pipe to replace the muffler is perfect. So now it’s true duel all the way back with new tailpipes that tuck up like factory.

Summit sent the wrong filter but I put the airaid tube on today. That was a crazy difference even with the factory filter.

went to put on my headers and saw I have 2 broken bolts on the passenger side. So I’ve decided to hold off on that tell I’m ready to tackle the that project.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:19 AM

Congratulations.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:44 AM

Welcome!

Always nice to see another H2 owner willing to wrench on their rig! You'll love it here!

Old 06-22-2018, 05:43 PM

Congrats on the Tonka

Old 06-23-2018, 10:49 AM

very nice rig and welcome

Old 06-23-2018, 11:25 AM

Thank you all, the adapter for my steering wheel controls and hose system come in Monday so she will be getting the radio Monday. Now I’m just trying to figure out how I can best fit subs without taking up all the hatch space.

Old 06-27-2018, 04:54 PM

If you are going to keep the stock Bose amp and sub (sounds like you are), I think you will be surprised at how much that little Bose sub puts out. Granted, its got nothing on some big subs and another amp but its really not too bad for what it is.

Not really any options for subs otherwise that will not take up space or be obvious in the back. There are a few brands of some very slim line ones with built in amps that might fit under the back seats but those realistically are probably barely better than the stock Bose sub.

One company did make a nice custom sub box that fits on the shelf in the back on the drivers side, cannot remember the brand offhand. Those were pretty darn good but next to impossible to find anymore.

Nice looking rig!

Quick Reply: Just bought my First Hummer