PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

im new, i dont know what to do

Old 11-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Default im new, i dont know what to do

hello all. i was referred to this forum by a customer of mine. i do work for aHUMMER dealership in okc, ok. i would be more than happy to try and help with any questions that i may. thank you for you time and keep 'em dirty.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Default RE: im new, i dont know what to do

welcome. here's a question for ya. we have a member that was told that because his tranny was covered in mud (ran into a ditch and it would only go into reverse) the only reason they would cover it under warranty is because he's been a good customer at that dealership.if i were to bring the bus to your dealership, as a first time visitor, and i had mud caked between the skid plate and the diff, and everywhere else mud could collect, but there were no dents on the undercarriage, skid plates were straight, and no signs of abuse or misuse - would your dealership do repairs and honor the warranty, whether factory or GMPP extended? i'm curious . . . . . .

Old 11-06-2007, 11:22 AM

i find it hard to believe that a dealership would redo an entire tranny just because he was a good customer. depending on the extent of the damage, that could have run the service department several thounsand dollars. dont get me wrong, we love our customers and our customers business. this sounds like they had made the customer think they were bending over backwards for him. i think GM would cover the work as long as there no
"wreck-like" damage to the undercarriage.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums..... here is another question....

I wheel the crap out of my truck every chance possible and was told by my dealership that they "Stand behind people that use their trucks for what they were designed for"

My check engine light came on and the computer spit out P0446. I took it to the dealership and they said the vent solenoid was caked with mud and charged me and wouldn't replace it under warranty. The fact that they gave me a ****ing Kia for a rental still has me steaming. So I paid and said.. oh well. 2 days later the Check engine light came back on.... Code P0446 again.... this time they changed the evap canister and covered it under warranty. and all I got was lies.... I should mention that I turn wrenches for a living and can smell BS a mile away.

Should I still be pissed off 2 weeks later?

Old 11-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Well I guess he has somthin to do now.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

That's complete BS Muddy. Tell them you want your money back for the original repair. Call GM. Talk to the owner of the dealer. Anything. C'mon now buddy. You are a manly man. Show no mercy

I HATE liars. You know that

Old 11-06-2007, 04:15 PM

Hi red, welcome to the forums!

Old 11-06-2007, 09:47 PM

Welcome to the forum! Its nice to have an insider here. Could be helpful for a second opinion etc. Its nice to chat with a fellow Hummer guy.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:48 PM

I don't have any questions, but HEY RED!!!!!Name:  smile12.gif
Views: 52
Size:  3.0 KB

Old 11-07-2007, 07:05 AM

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: im new, i dont know what to do