Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/new-member-area-4/)
-   -   Hi I’m a newcomer... and my truck have me perplexed (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/new-member-area-4/hi-i%92m-newcomer-my-truck-have-me-perplexed-43060/)

Key2235 05-07-2020 08:24 PM

Hi I’m a newcomer... and my truck have me perplexed

I’m having trouble with my drivers side window... I purchased a new panel because they said it was just the button. I put in the new panel and the window rolled down but then it wouldn’t Roll back up so I tinkered with theTwo fuses it went up but it s acting funny rolling back down.

hummerz 05-07-2020 08:51 PM

Return the panel.

Key2235 05-07-2020 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz (Post 372932)
Return the panel.

Can you explain to me further please

Doc Olds 05-08-2020 10:26 AM

When you ask any tech question it should be posted in the corresponding vehicle section. You did not bother to identify what Hummer you are talking about or I could have moved this for you.

Key2235 05-08-2020 10:47 AM

My apologies, I honestly didn’t know. I have an 06 H3 base.

Key2235 05-18-2020 04:52 AM

Driver’s side Window and rear view mirror not working

Hi I have an 06 H3 base and I had to change the panel on the drivers side. After the panel switch the window will only go to or down only when I start the vehicle for example the window will roll down but it won’t roll up unless I turn the vehicle off and then back on. I’m almost at my wits end with this window please somebody help me

Doc Olds 05-18-2020 10:42 AM

I merged your two threads as we do NOT need more than ONE question at a time.

MOVED to the H3 section for you where all H3 Tech Questions go.

According to you, your problem started when you replaced the panel switch, right? Hummerz was suggesting you got a bad one. Any electrical part can be bad out of the box. The other possibility is you installed it incorrectly so re-check your work.

Good luck.

LatvjuAvs 05-19-2020 04:06 AM

My driver side panel was acting up when disconnecting battery. There is a charge left in capacitors that will prevent it from working, either it needs discharging or needs to be taken out and shortened.
I ordered a cheap replacement panel from china (20 currency range). It was great for a day or two, then I could only roll down and not up. I had to connect back old one and live with it.
Wanted to try one more time with cheap replacement, ordered another one from different vendor with lots of placed orders and good reviews(yeah right).
Went in fine, worked for about a month and then same problem again, rolls down and not up.

I bet something about current and destroying flimsy aftermarket micro controller/resistors, aftermarket one was heating up considerably in some places.

Will try to get proper, expensive one, next time, someday.