Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Hummer H3T (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3t-39/)
-   -   H3T Davisburg MI (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3t-39/h3t-davisburg-mi-33348/)

ACCLR8N 06-16-2014 07:27 PM

H3T Davisburg MI

A few days ago the wife and I jumped into the Hummer fold when we happened upon a 2009 H3T (base) at a nearby dealership. We have owned and built up several Jeep Wranglers over the years and I am a long time GM truck, Pontiac fan. My Avalanche was traded in and we are currently fighting over who's the new H3T is to belong to. Looks like the wife is ready to give up her beloved '04 Rubicon for this truck.

I rely heavily on vehicle specific forums for tech and repair help. Hummer Forums appears to be the most active lately. Looking forward for some help and advice on this new platform (to me).

Pappibri 06-21-2014 08:14 AM

Welcome, and congrats on the H3T.. Couple of other knowledgeable members in this part of Michigan. You could get the wife one, then you could have his and hers and swap up...

TAINTER 06-22-2014 11:08 PM

Hello and Welcome fellow Michigander and H3T owner from pretty darn close to you.

What are you looking to do with your rig and where? That will make the biggest difference on where to start with mods.

P.S. Post up some pix!

3hummers 06-23-2014 09:13 AM

Congrats and welcome.

Doc Olds 06-23-2014 10:08 AM

Welcome and congrats.

ACCLR8N 06-23-2014 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER (Post 314194)
What are you looking to do with your rig and where? That will make the biggest difference on where to start with mods.

This truck will be subjected to a pretty mundane life. Grocery store, plowing my driveway in the winter. I was hoping to tune a little more power and economy out of the I5, but the experts at EFI-L are telling me there is not much I can do with the E67 and variable valve timing. No turbo VE tuning available. Don't think the cast pistons would have appreciated that anyway.

Still trying to figure out just what I have:
Front and rear axles 10-bolt open diffs? I don't see any mention of locking differentials beyond the electronic lockers in the Adventure Pkg (that I don't have)
4L60E transmission?
NVG 242 transfer case?

TAINTER 06-24-2014 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by ACCLR8N (Post 314205)
This truck will be subjected to a pretty mundane life. Grocery store, plowing my driveway in the winter. I was hoping to tune a little more power and economy out of the I5, but the experts at EFI-L are telling me there is not much I can do with the E67 and variable valve timing. No turbo VE tuning available. Don't think the cast pistons would have appreciated that anyway.

Still trying to figure out just what I have:
Front and rear axles 10-bolt open diffs? I don't see any mention of locking differentials beyond the electronic lockers in the Adventure Pkg (that I don't have)
4L60E transmission?
NVG 242 transfer case?

Tune: PCMfor less of NC.com They have tuned so many H3/H3Ts it is silly. The reprograming of the PCM AND TCM is where the power comes from.

4:56 gears F&R
Front diff is an AMM 7.6" IFS (yours is aluminum with no locker)
Rear diff is an 8.5" 10 bolt
4L60E
Gear Ratio
First 3.059
Second 1.625
Third 1.000
Fourth 0.696

T-CASE: BW-4493
Transfer Case Ratios
Range Gear Ratio
4WD High 1.00
4WD High Lock 1.00
4WD Low Lock 2.64

Doc Olds 06-24-2014 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by ACCLR8N (Post 314205)

You need to find different "experts". The I5s respond well to an intake even by itself. Add a PCM tune, Efan conversion, PP TB, and exhaust, and you just found 22-27 HP & TQ. We refer peeps to PCM of NC almost every day.

ACCLR8N 06-24-2014 11:59 AM

Thanks for the information. That is what I was looking for. Is the rear diff open? No G80 GovLoc grenade in it? I am capable of small adjustments like that to the tune myself. I was hoping for more.

TAINTER 06-25-2014 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by ACCLR8N (Post 314250)
Thanks for the information. That is what I was looking for. Is the rear diff open? No G80 GovLoc grenade in it? I am capable of small adjustments like that to the tune myself. I was hoping for more.

You should take some time and really learn how the H3/H3T traction control and stability systems work. They are actually pretty advanced and work quite well. Once the Elocker(s) is/are introduced then you have an extremely versatile OffRoad vehicle that has a great "everyday" ride.