PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Good Morning everybody :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 03:46 PM
Default RE: Good Morning everybody :)

ORIGINAL: BlackTiger

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

post pic of the 442

As you wish

http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.co...bum72/MVC_001S

niceeeeee[sm=jawdrop.gif]

Old 08-23-2006, 03:56 PM

ORIGINAL: BlackTiger

We started looking first for a Hummer 2 1/2 yrs ago and had considered a Hummer and the Caddie Ext but when we went to the Hummer dealer, the sales person treated my wife and I like we could not afford one. At the time, we were 27 yrs old. So we just said screw him and went and bought a Escalade. I drove it up there the next day and told the guy, see you should have taken me seriously.
I had simular problem with my hummer dealer, first he said jokingly to get into an EXT and then when I told him I wanted a hummer he tried to get me into an H3... I said naaaw I want the h1 and laughed and gave me an "DUB's" edition h2 calendar and said check them and basically sent me on my way.... So i checked another place out of town found a nice h1 at a good price took it directly to the local hummerr dealership here and laughed at the salesman hehe...

Old 08-23-2006, 04:00 PM

Thank you

You can flip to different pics if you like on that link and see whaat I started with. The car was pulled from CA where it "lived" from 72 until 2004. No rust other than a couple spots of surface rust that wiped off with a damp rag when I bought it. The amt of rust was so minor, most of it wiped off and the rest came off with aVERY light rub of sand paper. then I took it to a friend that mainly paints Olds and he stripped it down to bare metal, primed and base coat, clear coated it. the hood and side stripes anr 99.9% dead on. they were painted on and the guy that painted them, made his own stencils from the original stripes so however it was from the factory, is how it is now. Every piece of trim was removed and polished. Front fenders and hood removed and laser straightened. Still have a few minor things to do but nothing to big. Things like replace the under hood insulation, put a new driverside power window switch in, put the painted blue rims on once BF Goodrich's line comes back up and they can make and ship the 245/50/14's Radial T/A's I am after. Been out of stock for the past 3 months. We had the bumpers stripped and 3x chrome plated. Only thing I want to change on the car is the rear end. Its a 3.08 I think and I would like a 3.42. I can only chirp the tires from first to second but a 3.42 would easily let this engine open up like it was made to do and really nail the gears from 1-2 and 2-3.

My next project is a 69 Road Runner. Not selling this one, going to keep it. as I really like Olds and I am on a constant hunt for a 72 Olds 442 W-30 that needs restored.

Old 08-23-2006, 04:03 PM

Yea, got to love their expressions when you show back up. We went to one dealer on Sat and tallked to this one guy. told him what we wanted and even showed up in the EXT. He said he would call us. Well he did not untill yesterday. he said sorry, no one will give up their Special editions or their yellows (yea BS) He said check back when we get our 07's in. I said sorry partner, you should have called me back because when you did not call me Monday, I went out this morning and bought an H2 from a local Hummer deal. Guess you should have tried harder. Dont believe me, call them. I laughed and hung up

Old 08-23-2006, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats on your purchase. I wanted that Annv. Edition of your Camaro. I'm jeolous. I saw one on the expressway yesterday and my wife said "Those orange stripes look ugly" so I said "It's not what they look like, but what they mean!" They just never get it ;-)

Old 08-23-2006, 06:43 PM

Welcome and congratulations on your new purchase!....looking forward to photos.

Old 08-23-2006, 07:38 PM

Congrats on the new Rig BT

Welcome!!!

Old 08-24-2006, 02:03 AM

Welcome..I can imagine how you're feeling right now...

Old 08-24-2006, 10:23 AM

I bought a set of 24 inch rims and tires last night. Rims are made by American Racing and called "Motto MT-100". Tires were Falcon 315-45-24. Said would take about 4-5 days to get in. A little bit more than I was hoping to spend at the $2500 range but they look really nice and thats what counts. Total out the door was $3300 even. Ended up going thru Discount Tire so if there were problems I had a local place to go back to.

Old 08-24-2006, 01:43 PM

BlackTiger:

welcome, we are glad to see you here, much happy driving!!!

Quick Reply: Good Morning everybody :)