PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Good Morning everybody :)

Old 08-23-2006, 09:30 AM
Default Good Morning everybody :)

Well i bought my first Hummer last night. A 2006 H2 Twilight Maroon Metallic. It was custom built by GM for the Dayton Auto show and is a one of one built. The dealer said that a couple times. Not sure what was so special to make it a 1 of 1 other than it was built special for the Auto show but its decked out from GM. We added the Corsa exhaust and the back up camera integrated into the Nav screen. Now I am looking for a set of 24's to add to it. We started looking first for a Hummer 2 1/2 yrs ago and had considered a Hummer and the Caddie Ext but when we went to the Hummer dealer, the sales person treated my wife and I like we could not afford one. At the time, we were 27 yrs old. So we just said screw him and went and bought a Escalade. I drove it up there the next day and told the guy, see you should have taken me seriously. So my wife finally go tired of driving the Ranger and said sh wanted to drive the Ext so I had to get a vehicle for my self. I had really wanted the Special edition Blue but dealers said only 3 of the Special editions left in the country and approx $1500 to ship in so forget it. We pick the H2 up on Thursday afternoon Really looking forward to hopping in the back seat and watching the dvd players or putting it in park and watching the DVD player thru the Nav screen.

My other cars are a 2003 Escalade Ext, has 13K on it, fully loaded with Nav and all the possible features you can think of.
Have a 1997 Z, 30th Anniversary Camaro that we bought in 1998 with 64 K on it. It was my play toy until a few months ago when I finished my muscle car up.
Have a 1998 Ford Ranger. My wife drives that till Thursday Also used that to haul stuff. Have 160K on it. Great workhorse. Only problem in 5 + yrs was a fuel pump.
1977 Monte total family car. grandparents bought new in 1977, when Grandma died in 1996, I got it. had 72 K on it then, 82K on it now. Just a beautiful survivor car, swivel bucket, 350 4bbl.
Then my new baby. I found a 1972 Olds Cutlass 442 about 45 minutes from my house last October. Had all the paperwork to prove it was a true 442. in 72 the 442 model went to an option and was not in the vin. Only way to prove it was real was with the build sheet or window sticker. I have the build sheet. It has a numbers matching 455 engine and 400 transmission. we stripped the paint off the car, repainted it Viking blue, repainted the correct stripes, gutted the interior, replaced with correct material, redid the trunk. All thats left is to go thru the motor and trans. But its just a screaming beast on the road. Great fun.

My hobby outside of cars is pinball and video games. I collect, restore and sell to fund my hobby and to pay down my car debt :0 I currently have 27 pinballs and 61 video games. I am collecting to build a huge 3000sq ft game room in our next house for the basement so my wife no onger has to see them in multiple rooms

Hope to get to know alot of you. I also visit www.realoldspower.com under this username

My user name is driven from my favorite video game growing up, Black Tiger That started the obsession

Take care.

BT

Old 08-23-2006, 09:39 AM
Default RE: Good Morning everybody :)

Welcome

Old 08-23-2006, 09:51 AM

Welcome, and nice color on th H2

Old 08-23-2006, 10:20 AM

Thank you.

Old 08-23-2006, 02:27 PM

congrats on the purchase, and welcome to the forum

Old 08-23-2006, 03:01 PM

Welcome BlackTiger.... share some pics when you get some taken.

Old 08-23-2006, 03:04 PM

Will do. I was looking into things more. Was it optional to have the dvd screens mounted in the headrests for 06? I know for 07 it is. But looking thru stuff, dont see that as an option for o6. If thats true, then thats what makes this the 1 of 1. If it was an option, then who knows, the dealer could just have been hyping it up but it was built specially by GM for the Auto Show.

I will get some pics in the next couple days. Work is keeping me busy for the next couple days But have to pay for it some how

Old 08-23-2006, 03:08 PM

post pic of the 442

Old 08-23-2006, 03:31 PM

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

post pic of the 442

As you wish

http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.co...bum72/MVC_001S

Old 08-23-2006, 03:42 PM

The DVD screens in the headrests were part of the Pacific Blue Limited Edition package. I don't know if they were available on other 06 models.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Good Morning everybody :)