PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Frustrated h3 owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 11:11 AM
Default Frustrated h3 owner

Hi all new here i joined because idk wat to do about my check engine light anymore i had the gas cap replaced the computer the vent valve n the purge valve i even got the part at the dealer bcuz my mechanic said thats wat they do when the autopart store parts dont work n the light has come on again i love my h3 but its drivin me up a wall

Old 07-26-2017, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF.

If you want suggestions to fix the problem, do not post about it in this section.
Start a new thread in the H3 section, include year, model, mileage, and the actual code(s) that are stored for the CEL.

Meanwhile, get a real mechanic. CELs are easy to resolve, it ain't rocket science. You went to a place that throws parts (and your money) at a guess of what the problem might be, rather than actually diagnosing what needs to be fixed.

Good luck.

Old 07-26-2017, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Welcome to HF.

If you want suggestions to fix the problem, do not post about it in this section.
Start a new thread in the H3 section, include year, model, mileage, and the actual code(s) that are stored for the CEL.

Meanwhile, get a real mechanic. CELs are easy to resolve, it ain't rocket science. You went to a place that throws parts (and your money) at a guess of what the problem might be, rather than actually diagnosing what needs to be fixed.

Good luck.
well since im NEW i thought i did it the way im supposed to ive taken it to 3 dif mechanics n they cant seem to find wats wrong plus the dealer .. but thanks for ur sarcastic input ... i guess this is the 1st n last time ill use this site thanks to people like u ... then again who knows wat u got goin in ur life that u have the need to talk to people like that .. god bless ..

Old 07-26-2017, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

I do not know what you thought was sarcasm, I was merely trying to help.

Go ahead and post up your question with the info needed in the H3 section, there are people here that know more about these trucks than the "mechanics" and dealer people you have been to.

Your knee knocking perception of my comments leads me to believe you are the target customer that know nothing disreputable auto repair people love to have come through the door. A walking wallet who will not, or is unable to, research what the problem likely is and use that knowledge to not get ripped off.

Again, good luck to you.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
I do not know what you thought was sarcasm, I was merely trying to help.

Go ahead and post up your question with the info needed in the H3 section, there are people here that know more about these trucks than the "mechanics" and dealer people you have been to.

Your knee knocking perception of my comments leads me to believe you are the target customer that know nothing disreputable auto repair people love to have come through the door. A walking wallet who will not, or is unable to, research what the problem likely is and use that knowledge to not get ripped off.

Again, good luck to you.
lol .. thanks 😉

Old 07-27-2017, 07:41 AM

Please include the Model, engine, year, mileage, codes thrown, parts already thrown at the problem or problems.
Without this information no one here can assist you properly.