PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Bought one yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 02:30 PM
Default Bought one yesterday!

I just purchased my second H3 yesterday - 2008 only 52xxx miles. Midnight blue metallic with the cashmere interior and monsoon system. Only issue is it doesn't have the original rims except for the spare - lol. My first was bought in 2006 and was the yellow with cashmere - didn't go with yellow this time because of all the short bus jokes I got last time...

I'm sure I'll find the right thread for questions I'll have - I've already found the gas cap instruction thread - that's one of the add ons that was not on it already. I don't understand how other owners don't put that on - it looks SO much better than not having one.

Old 03-14-2018, 04:26 PM

grats on the new h3! i kinda like the exposed fuel cap. like a piece of equipment.

Old 03-15-2018, 06:48 AM

Welcome to HF.

Post some pix of your new rig

Old 03-16-2018, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome

Old 03-21-2018, 11:08 AM

Thank you - I'll post some when I'm done with the modifications needed. So far it's a nickle and dime-ing me to death. I've purchased mud flaps and the logos to put in the back ones, chrome letters for the front bumper, the chrome lower intake grille, the chrome gas cap,chrome antenna base cover, a shelf for the front dash to hold stuff, hub rings for the aftermarket tires, had the wheels balanced, considering raising the front which will require the new bump stops and an alignment. I am hoping the center rings smooth out the ride and I can wait to do the rest of it. I have since researched enough to find I have the lux with adventure package and the last owner put the 16's on it with after market rims for some silly reason. The spare is the original wheel with the larger 285 75 r16 tire on it, so If I get a flat I'll have to limp to the tire shop on mismatched tires. I also had the a/c recall completed, had to get new keys and a fob made and I still haven't made the first payment.

I would like to thank you all for having this resource. I've found posts from as early as 2006 that have very useful information and I've spent quite a bit of time here so far looking up solutions so thanks to all of the active and not active members of the past for posting your problems and solutions, it has made a world of difference so far. There are some good you tube videos out there for showing some of these modifications step by step.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:10 AM

Oh yeah - I had the seat screw done for the heated seats so they don't turn on every time I get out of the H3 - a fix I learned about on this forum - so thanks again!