PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*New Hummer Owner*Dallas,Texas**

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Default *New Hummer Owner*Dallas,Texas**

Hey yall, i just bought my first hummer Saturday Night, and have fell in love much quicker than i thought! it is an 2003 H2 Black with chrome package, air suspension, navigation, onstar and loaded with much more. Before the hummer i have been working on my 1994 3000GT, it has been my project since 2005. Though the 3000gt is my baby, its now full time garaged and my eyes are set on my new H2 project. I am still very unfamilar with the hummers and hope that yall can help assist me on my journey of upgrading the hummer. here is a list of the potential upgrades coming soon to my new car.

-New Exhaust: i need this V8 to sound like a V8. Looking for an aggressive sounding exhaust. Either single/dual. Whats the better exhausts for an h2?!?!

-Oil Pressure Guage: the oil pressure guage seems to drop to 0 mostly when driving, and will bounce around from all the way high to middle to low. Keeps chimming. *Very annoying*

-Windows: Passenger front/drivers rear regulators need replaced

-Subwoofers: Will the truck need 2 12'', 2 10'', or 1 12' Whats needed for some solid clean bass in the h2?

I hope yall can help answer any/all of my questions. I plan to be very active within this forum as i was with my 3000gt forum. Just takes some time to browse around and get used to everything. Thanks for any help in advance! loving the Hummer already...

Attached Thumbnails *New Hummer Owner*Dallas,Texas**-h2.jpg   *New Hummer Owner*Dallas,Texas**-hummer.jpg   *New Hummer Owner*Dallas,Texas**-hum.jpg  
Old 02-27-2012, 10:13 AM

welcome to the forum, look in the H2 section for some of your info...

Old 02-28-2012, 11:38 PM

Welcome. I like those wheels on there!

Old 02-29-2012, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by humminchrome
Hey yall, i just bought my first hummer Saturday Night, and have fell in love much quicker than i thought! it is an 2003 H2 Black with chrome package, air suspension, navigation, onstar and loaded with much more. Before the hummer i have been working on my 1994 3000GT, it has been my project since 2005. Though the 3000gt is my baby, its now full time garaged and my eyes are set on my new H2 project. I am still very unfamilar with the hummers and hope that yall can help assist me on my journey of upgrading the hummer. here is a list of the potential upgrades coming soon to my new car.

-New Exhaust: i need this V8 to sound like a V8. Looking for an aggressive sounding exhaust. Either single/dual. Whats the better exhausts for an h2?!?!

-Oil Pressure Guage: the oil pressure guage seems to drop to 0 mostly when driving, and will bounce around from all the way high to middle to low. Keeps chimming. *Very annoying*

-Windows: Passenger front/drivers rear regulators need replaced

-Subwoofers: Will the truck need 2 12'', 2 10'', or 1 12' Whats needed for some solid clean bass in the h2?

I hope yall can help answer any/all of my questions. I plan to be very active within this forum as i was with my 3000gt forum. Just takes some time to browse around and get used to everything. Thanks for any help in advance! loving the Hummer already...
Might have your gauges looked at, it's my understanding all the gauges in the hummers are run off stepper motors and they can fail and when they do they become erratic. There is a guy on craiglist that offers the cluster repair for like 125 in DFW might check him out. If it's not that simple you might be looking at some type of oil pressure sending unit but when those have failed for me in other vehicles it usually just doesn't read at all.

Last edited by Pauldy; 02-29-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Pauldy
Might have your gauges looked at, it's my understanding all the gauges in the hummers are run off stepper motors and they can fail and when they do they become erratic. There is a guy on craiglist that offers the cluster repair for like 125 in DFW might check him out. If it's not that simple you might be looking at some type of oil pressure sending unit but when those have failed for me in other vehicles it usually just doesn't read at all.
VERY TRUE. GM stepper motors are known to fail. Mine went out in my 03 Silverado about 6 months ago. Gauges started acting intermittently, then one day, nothing. No spedo, No gas gauge, nothing. I had a guy rebuild mine that had great reviews on several car forums.. just google digital dash solutions. He did a fantastic job.