PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show: Woodward Dream Cruise - Aug. 16th, 2008

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator
Default Show: Woodward Dream Cruise - Aug. 16th, 2008

I'm starting this thread very early in the year so there isn't anybody that can say we didn't tell them early enough

FINAL DATE: August 16th to ?

LOCATION: Michigan, between Detroit and Pontiac (Doc's neck of the woods)
http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/Mapwood.html

VERIFIED AVAILABILITY: TBD

TIME: Weekend event

For those members whom aren't familiar with this event, please take a minute to read the web site information:

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/index.html

It's basically a group of car enthusiasts that spend the weekend sharing their passion of automobiles, driving up and down showing them off and having a good time amongst others who share their interests.

Doc; I know you can shed some light. I have a few Vette friends that have been there and loved it. Others say it's too overcrowded and not worth the trip.

Last year I think there was something like 40,000+ people involved. And NO, that's not an exaggeration.

My wife and I didn't make it last year (because we thought we'd be at Sturgis instead) but this year I want to try.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Woodward Dream Cruise - Aug. 16th, 2008

IF................If I say, I went, I would not be in a Hummer. Sorry gang, not that kind of event. Might as well load up the mini van with Grandma and the Dog. [:@]

It is way overcrowded, no place to park close by, and it is supposed to be for classic and custom cars of special (one of a kind) interest. My beef is that there are way too many people driving whatever car they have, cool or not, just to be there and see what they want to see. Result = From the south end going north,3-4 lanes of traffic moves at less than 2mph. [&o] add in 85+ degrees, humidity and overheating junk, as well as the SMART buses trying to run their regular route.......ooh what fun.

If you went, and parked off site, then walked to the cruise to spectate, that would be cool. There are lots of radio station tents, food, auto relatedand garb vendors etc. to check out.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like it could be fun but too far away. I love cars but not crowds.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

Patrick said the same things that you did Doc. It doesn't sound as fun as it should be. I'd like to go at least once in my life though. Maybe not this year We'll see.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

If nobody else thinks this is worth going to, I'm going to delete the event thread. Let me know.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:17 PM

whoa... wait a second.... too crowded to go, no place to park???? if you have gone, and spent some time in the Birmingham area, you would have likely seen our group of Hummers, mainly H1s / Humvees, parked Baker furniture for the last 6-8 years....

If you like cars, this is a GREAT event and fully sponsored by the big 3.... it brings out all sorts of very neat rides, new and old... I run the event for the dreamcruise.... if you wanted to go just e-mail me phazer42@comcast.net and I will keep you in the loop.... obviously, the space is limited... so... first come first serve... and I always give repeat visitors first dibs on spots....

Old 05-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Phazer. Too far for me but I bet some members take you up on it.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:52 PM
Default RE: Show: Woodward Dream Cruise - Aug. 16th, 2008

Great! I'm so excited. Thanks man for the early announcement. I love to join. We'll go there with my wife. That event will show all the car fanatic. Hope to see you there and meet some of the folks too.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:41 PM

The dream cruise this year is going to be much different for Hummer owners then previous years. The parking lot that we park at, was given to a GTO group after they eluded that we would get the lot again. So, after 8 years our parking at Baker Furniature has ended. If you are still interested, there are spots (about 20 of them) right out front of Baker which are public and if you are willing to arrive early, we could park there. e-mail me if you are interested in doing this so I know how many will show up.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Too many tweed jackets and argyle sweaters in Birmingham.

Quick Reply: Show: Woodward Dream Cruise - Aug. 16th, 2008