PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OFFROAD MEET Rocks & Valleys OffRoad Pk, Harrison, MI Sept. 26th and Sept. 27th 2009

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Thumbs up OFFROAD MEET Rocks & Valleys OffRoad Pk, Harrison, MI Sept. 26th and Sept. 27th 2009

-The location:

Rocks and Valleys Off Road Park
3407 E. Mannsiding Road
Harrison, MI 48625
http://rocksandvalleys.com

-The date(s) and time(s):

Sat (Sept. 26th) 10am-park closes
Sun (Sept 27th) 10am-2 or 3pm

-The vehicle(s) welcomed at said event:

ANYBODY that wants to wheel their HUMMER or other vehicle

-What to bring:

Make sure you have a flag attached, or you can buy one at the park. $20 entry fee per truck per day, no charge for passengers. You will need to sign a release of liability or waiver. Park Rules are located here:http://rocksandvalleys.com/rules.html

We recommend the following items to be in your vehicle:
*a CB to "trail chat"
*fire extinguisher for safety
*tools & parts for any repairs necessary
*water just in case you get parched
*"trail lunch" - sandwich/chips/etc
*"yank" straps & winches will come in handy too

-A description of the event:

Rocks and Valleys is an OUTSTANDING Off-Road park Harrison, MI and it is only 10 minutes from Chris B's "rustic" cabin & property.

We have been to the park several times and it is always a great time. Anyone is invited from H1s, H2s, H2SUTs, H3s, H3Ts, Novices to Experienced, Stockers to Mild to Built HUMMERS. We are looking forward to getting back to Rocks and Valleys to show that HUMMER owners are not just soccer moms and WE can wheel with the best of them.

Chris B's has invited ALL for a camp out at his place Friday night, wheeling Sat, stay & hang out or head home if you like. Chris B has sleeping room for 4 in the cabin and 2 in the camper (speak up quickly!), and plenty of room for tents or campers. Park is close by, plus he has a fine mud hole & trails out back to play. PM me for a MAP LINK to his cabin.

There are several motels, hotels and B&Bs in the area if you do not want to camp out on Chris B's property (about 10 acres). Let me know if you need a list. Also please let me know even if you are even a maybe on coming out.

So far here is the list of attending rigs:

H3/OH(Kevin)
H3/MI(half-shaft)
H3/MI(Chris B)
H3T/IL(Dave)
H3/OH(?)
H3/MI(Jeff)
H3T/MI(?)
H3/MI(Mark G)
H2/MI(Will)
H1/MI(Rob)
H3/MI(Matt)

Might make it:
H3/MI(Brodie / needs a new rig)
H3/NY(? / traveling in from NY)
H3/MI(Brent / recovering from surgery)

Mark G.
(TAINTER)

This meet is NOT in any way sponsored or affiliated with HummerForums.com

Last edited by TAINTER; 03-08-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:20 PM

Doc Olds is in! Come on out with a great group of guys.

If it is your first time out everyone is very patient and willing to teach basic wheeling and recovery.

Thanks for looking!
Mark G.

Last edited by TAINTER; 03-08-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

A ways back, used to be if you posted up a thread like this, members would be all over it. I think this is the place for Hummer owners to come ask a couple questions (and rarely bother to search for the answers already posted here) and then vanish.

I'll add one thing. If anyone would like to join us, the trails are well marked. If you do not want to take your truck down a black diamond lockers only trail, you are wlcome to ride shotgun with anyone else, park your truck for that trail, and take pics.... enjoy.

There are pleanty of easy trails for the less experienced or less equipped rigs. We try to do them all and have fun.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Thumbs up I agree DOC!

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
A ways back, used to be if you posted up a thread like this, members would be all over it. I think this is the place for Hummer owners to come ask a couple questions (and rarely bother to search for the answers already posted here) and then vanish.

I HAVE NOTICED THAT (not yelling, just want to respond inside quote)

I'll add one thing. If anyone would like to join us, the trails are well marked. If you do not want to take your truck down a black diamond lockers only trail, you are wlcome to ride shotgun with anyone else, park your truck for that trail, and take pics.... enjoy.

ABSOLUTLY, IF YOU DON"T WANT TO GO ON A BLACK DIAMOND RUN, I ALWAYS HAVE AN OPEN SEAT)

There are pleanty of easy trails for the less experienced or less equipped rigs. We try to do them all and have fun.
see inside Quote

Old 08-26-2009, 01:17 PM
jcg
Angry

wish I could come but I live in CA.