PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hitting 300HP w/2007 H3

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Default Hitting 300HP w/2007 H3

I found this site and they offer the following package.
http://globalhummer.com/performanceupgrades.html
H3 Performance Packages
Packages include Parts and Labor
Please call for Pricing

Stage 1
· Corsa Single Rear Exit w/ Twin Pro-Series 3.5" Tips
· Corsa Dual Rear Exit w/ Single Pro-Series 4.0" Tips
· Volant Cold Air Intake Kit
· Volant CAI Filter
· AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer
Averages additional 30HP in power
Stage 2 (Stage 1 + H3 Computer Upgrade)
· H3 Computer Upgrade (+20HP)
Averages additional 50HP in power

Question is how hard would these things be to do it yourself? Or should I look at getting them done by Global?
Is the H3 Computer upgrade part incompatable with the PCMforless upgrade? If I use PCM do they give +20-22 HP? I've seen several vendors on Gheybay selling Computer upgrades that offer +20-22 HP increases. What are your thoughts on all this?
I'm fairly confident I could install the Cold Air Intake, dunno on the exhaust (I can't wield ) And I have no clue on the throttle spacer.

I would however like to hit 300+ HP with my H3 without spending $5k for a turbo kit atm. (But something I may look into later!)

Old 01-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Default RE: Hitting 300HP w/2007 H3

no way in hell you will come close to 300 RWHP in an h3 without the turbo or blower kit...just not gonna happen!!! You may see 15-20 total HP with an intake and exhaust....MAYBE!! The PCM programming may yield another 20-30 total MAYBE...so your looking at a realistic increase of about 35 RWHP. Add that to the 208 RWHP that the h3 puts out and you are at 240-250 total RWHP. Only way to get close to 300 without doing some internal motor work would be the turbo/blower kits.

Old 01-27-2007, 10:24 PM

I sounds likethey are advertising BHP gain not gain at the wheels.

I would price the pieces separately and see if they are giving you a deal. Some ramblings:

1) The 2007's have a new MAF. Make sure the new intake is compatible. Many people here have the K&N. I have the K&N and modded it to seal to the hood and bring in fresh air directly from the outside. Some people have had fitment problems with the volant. However, the volant seems that it would suck in less hot engine compartment air than the K&N in stock form. Their intake picture on their website is the Airaid but they mention volant in their description. I'd see what they are really offering.

2) I haven't seen anyone post that they have seen any gains form the TB spacer.

3) From my limited research it seems that mostly all exhausts provide about the same gain. I have the B&B, but if I had to do it again, I would get the gibson like Dennis's (search on Dennis for pictures/pricing). It seems that the gibson has a better growl that I was looking for. Most exhausts are bolt on. I installed mine in about 2 hours in the dark and I removed the stock exhaust in one piece (insteading of cutting it).

4) Tuning: Many people have got tuning fom PCMforLess. I don't know who is doing the tuning for these people. I've done my own tuning as well as have PCMforLess's too. I'm guessing that these people will get similar gains as PCMforLess.

If it was me, I'd get the exhaust and intakeseparately then get tuning fom PCMforLess.I think the BHP gains that they mention are realistic.

Old 01-28-2007, 07:59 PM

I was about to throw some figures on the fire when I saw this thread. Judging from the people that have posted I know youguys know about all the claims and real numbers and some true at high rpms and all that. Including the fact its hard to find a four wheel dyno.
I was just looking at numbers
Air intakes about 18-20hp (sort of optimistic?) K&N claims 18.57hp at 6000 (I don't go there much!)
Complete Exhaust 10-15hp
Throttle body 10hp
I got Alvin's tune but I have not researched or asked what that did to HP. Funny I did not ask.I was more interested in smoothing out what I have. I do want to know.
I have the True Flow and a custom intake from (Street and Performance, here in Little Rock, they used my H3 to build the first one)
They make a throttle body which they have dynoed on a Colorado 10hp 12lbs 2-3 mpg
You may have readmy Muffler story. I don't have one. Stock fromengineto the tail end and turn down mandral pipe out the back. So what? 10-12? NO back pressure from a muff. Still enough from other components.
I know about the oval shape by the Cat but oval or round same volume right?
We all know about flywheel and rear wheel numbers so maybe40-50hp could be obtained at the flywheel with all of these mods together?
I know HP numbers are not as important but connected to torque and response and shifting ranges smoothed out and low end response for wheeling is what I wanted and Im a Happy Hunner HummerDriver. I can't wait to try pulling my boat now. I need to pull my enclosed utility trailer to a job tomorrow and its about 3500lb.
Actually I was happy offroad it was towing and shifting on long grades that I felt it lacking. All fixed now. Happy Dog and its fun! NOW what?

Old 01-28-2007, 11:45 PM

What's next?

Hog out cat in exhaust manifold:

http://www.coloradofans.com/viewtopi...20a6068bac3f44

You have to watch manufacturer's claims. For example K&N dyno'd with the hood up so their system wasn't sucking in hot engine compartment air; some others did the same.

I ported my stock throttle body. My SOTP meter was guessing 5-7 HP at the wheels. Do you have any pictures of their throttle body?

Old 01-29-2007, 02:02 AM

Yea that is why I was showing the range they claim without specifics. I was a little concerned about the cat because I only had about1500 miles on it when I did the exhaust.I was not sure about the effects or what to do about the O2 sensor. We do not have safety inspections here anymore but I was worried about emissions if they started again. Its a little different in the real world conditions. If you just go for the low or middle claim on most they can add up a little at a time. Its hard to take the time with each one and dyno them. I played with that on my Cummins and it was interesting.
This is the only shot up close I have. It has all kinds of cuts in it. They hada fewmore, ha ha.
You will see they gave me the stats for the actual dyno results on the I5 in a Colorado not the general stats on the site. I like these guys. Back in 95 they also did my Cummins in exchange for using it as a test bed. Its fun when you get all this education and are in on it from the start. CHP thanks for your input on the PCM I bought one outright and kept my stock one to play with and for backup. Alvin and I had a nice discussion and plugged in my profile of drivingand it was obvious immediatly. I still need to get the CASE relearn done.

http://www.streetandperformanceelectronics.com/lead.htm

[IMG]local://upfiles/1095/EF112D3E06D4497B998CF2DD2EC3F9EF.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1095/0786116F6C3E46F4910E68F5241C7DD0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1095/F3D56FBC23114538A7442E6EAA25698F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-29-2007, 03:41 AM

thats cool hunner....I'd love to get into testing and development of parts for my h3...the learning process itself would be well worth it. Any idea how much for the TB spacers? I may have missed it but didn't see a price on the website.

Old 01-29-2007, 04:27 AM

Let me check on the price. Theynormally sell thru distributors and don't like to compete with them, that is why there is not a price on there.You couldGoogle it. I got mine for being a test dummy. Maybe they would go for setting up something else. Im not sure a lot of people have done the research on this because a lot of folks that have not throw out the snake oil and hype. Too bad for them in my opinion or they don't have the money or whatever. These guys have done their homework and tested it.
I found one here.
http://wheelskin.com/spe-35105.html $92.99
Pretty cheap Hp, lbs and mpg in my opinion.
I will see if they use a local distributor that might beat that or if they will do some special deal.It would be nice to show them I spoke of it.
Notice it is the same one as the Colorado. It said that on the box mine was in. I will run by tomorrow and check. They are supposed to have the red powder coated version of my air intake done. I have been running a prototype for several months. It's just plain metal so we could weld more if needed. Had to move the air sensor once. Im of course having a great time and got lucky twice being the first dummy to walk in and inquire. Im a photographer so I reciprocated with lots of digital images. Here is one of my toy getting an implant. This is just their R&D shop.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1095/A9AE7C9936CB414CB554A2FC64DE6850.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-29-2007, 12:29 PM

Impy, don't waste your money on the spacer .. Had one in my old avalanche and made zero impact .. this along with headers, corsa catback, and K&N 77 seriesFIPK ... They do make a pretty good paper weight though ...

Old 01-29-2007, 12:56 PM

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

Impy, don't waste your money on the spacer .. Had one in my old avalanche and made zero impact .. this along with headers, corsa catback, and K&N 77 seriesFIPK ... They do make a pretty good paper weight though ...
Just for conversations sake, I ***-sume you came to that conclusion with your SOP dyno highly tuned to detect 10hp? How much gain did you get with each of those other mods on the SOP dyno? This is not like putting a four barrel on there! How much does an Avalanche weigh?

Quick Reply: Hitting 300HP w/2007 H3