PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 Intake and Exhaust help

Old 02-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Default H3 Intake and Exhaust help

So I just ordered the K&N intake system for my H3 and should be getting it tomorrow. I would like to ask the masses what you guys suggest for the exhaust system. I've looked at Gibson, Magnaflow and even Borla but Im not sure what the advantages or disadvantages are for any particular one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also, has anyone found replacement headers or are catback systems all thats available?

Old 02-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Default RE: H3 Intake and Exhaust help

This is from absolutely no personal experience what so ever, but solely on the research that I've been doing in anticipation of doing the exact same thing as you. I plan on getting the K&N intake system and the Gibson exhaust. In regards to the cat back's, the Gibson is the least expensive of the 3 and still sounds great (indicated by other members). I cannot justify spending almost 2x as much for the Borla without 2x the benefit- although they do sound nice. I've only had a chance to listen to the Magnaflow on their site, and was not movingly impressed. This is purely my rationale (and budget) and I'm sure that there are those who will now tear into my testimony, but so be it. I'm sticking with the K&N and Gibson ........hopefully in the next 8 weeks.

There is another member who documents the install of his Magnaflow, his name escapes me,...found 'em, its Blackstangs281. Check it out here https://www.hummerforums.com/m_13040..._1/key_/tm.htm

Old 02-09-2007, 10:43 PM

This might help a little too.

https://www.hummerforums.com/m_39573/tm.htm

Old 02-09-2007, 11:27 PM

ORIGINAL: 07HummerH3

I plan on getting the K&N intake system and the Gibson exhaust. In regards to the cat back's, the Gibson is the least expensive of the 3 and still sounds great (indicated by other members). I cannot justify spending almost 2x as much for the Borla without 2x the benefit- although they do sound nice. I've only had a chance to listen to the Magnaflow on their site, and was not movingly impressed. This is purely my rationale (and budget) and I'm sure that there are those who will now tear into my testimony, but so be it. I'm sticking with the K&N and Gibson ........hopefully in the next 8 weeks.
I'd be one of those other members

As that is just the way I saw it too, to get the Gibson instead of anything else..but still have the same great sound as the high dollar ones have..

Old 02-10-2007, 12:26 PM

I just finished shopping for a cat-back system for one of my other cars. A lot of vendors are running Magnaflow sales right now with free ground shipping included. To see the actual sale price, you will have to call them or enter the part intothe shopping cart. Gibson may have the same deals going too.

Must be hard to sell exhaust systems now because half of the country is in a deep freeze. I know that crawling around on the ground is the last thing that I want to do until the Spring!

Old 02-10-2007, 05:29 PM

Thanks a lot guys! This really helps, I should be installing the air intake system today. I've decided to go with the Gibson split-back exhaust and I found a pretty good deal on it with free shipping ($353). Thats a pretty good deal, right?

Still haven't found anything in regards to headers.

Old 02-19-2007, 12:11 AM

OK, I'm in the same boat(uh, I mean truck) as maximuss32. Just bought a 2007 H3 and would like to do an intake and exhaust. From what I've read here, sounds like K&N and Gibson might be a nice way to go. My dealer has some nice stuff from GM Performance. It is a little pricey (of course it's GM) and my guess is it's probably made byMagnaFlow or another company for GM. Has anyone had any experience with their exhaust systems? They also make a performance intake for the H3. Any info would be appreciated.

Old 03-13-2007, 01:15 AM

I just ordered a K&N CAI off ebay for $210.00 shipped. Also got a Magnaflow Steel Catback Dual Tip exhaust for $448 shipped.

Can't wait to drop these in then get a PCMforLess system.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:46 PM

gibson for 07's are not out yet coming soon 2-4 weeks they made changes to last year.

Old 03-17-2007, 01:23 AM

Got the K&N CAI today, it doesn't work on the 07, the plastic tube needs to be different, it won't fit the mass air sensor and bracket on the 3.7L. Everything else is fine EXPECT the tube.

Looks like K&N still doesn't offer one for the 3.7L. Bummer. I was under the impression they were the same.

I don't think I can even send my kit back as it's been opened. I'll make someone a fair deal on a new unit that's been opened. It'll fit the 3.5L He 2006 model but not mine. PM me if interested, else it's going to ebay. The return (if I can even do so) will be a 15% restocking fee so if someone would like a K&N intake for around $175 let me know.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: H3 Intake and Exhaust help