PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using the AIRAID Cold Air Intake and PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Default Anyone using the AIRAID Cold Air Intake and PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer

Iam looking to get some more MPG as well as a few more HP. Anyone useing this system and how does it work well or am I better off with the K&N and then using the spacer.

Old 01-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Default RE: Anyone using the AIRAID Cold Air Intake and PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer

i would use the k&n and skip the spacer, my parents put a spacer in their h2 and it was the biggest waste of money, it didnt save mpg, and it didnt add any hp

Old 12-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Default RE: Anyone using the AIRAID Cold Air Intake and PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer

Go with the H3 Hummer K&N 77 Series High-Flow Performance Kit and upgrade your exhaust. I did all three with my 2006 H3 and like others here I am using the TBS as a paper weight.

Old 12-20-2007, 01:49 PM

I also have k&n cai and gibson exhaust made a huge difference

Old 12-20-2007, 01:56 PM

Right, the spacer is a gimmick and waste of $$. I have the K&N and my own designed runner tube sans the resonance box.

Old 12-20-2007, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

I am not a fan of either.

Old 12-20-2007, 02:23 PM

Dont do spacer.

If you do CAI kit with tube, you really need to add a calibrated MAF (Granatelli) to reap the full benefits of the new air intake! Just ask Volant why their kit with tube comes with a calibrated MAF and they will explain why is is needed to gain most performance!

I haveaGranatelli MAFs new in box at home if you decide to go this route. Will offerit at a really good price as I ended up with a Volant CAIkit that I didnt know came included with one. Was wondering why the kit was $650, so now I know...

Old 12-20-2007, 02:33 PM

ORIGINAL: tomp

Dont do spacer.

If you do CAI kit with tube, you really need to add a calibrated MAF (Granatelli) to reap the full benefits of the new air intake! Just ask Volant why their kit with tube comes with a calibrated MAF and they will explain why is is needed to gain most performance!

I haveaGranatelli MAFs new in box at home if you decide to go this route. Will offerit at a really good price as I ended up with a Volant CAIkit that I didnt know came included with one. Was wondering why the kit was $650, so now I know...
Is it designed specifically for the I5 3.7? How much?

Old 12-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Granatelli shows part # apps only for the H2. A PCM tune can do the same thing.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

Granatelli shows part # apps only for the H2. A PCM tune can do the same thing.
That's what I thought..for the V8 only

Quick Reply: Anyone using the AIRAID Cold Air Intake and PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer