PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Well the unthinkable happened

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 12:58 AM
Location: Southlake texas is my hometown but Prescott Arizona for college
Default Well the unthinkable happened

So i went offtroading with a few buddies, thinking they knew the trails pretty well i let them guide me; bad decision. I drive through a "puddle" and the hummer sinks into four feet of water and mud. Water starts seeping in through the doors and into the cabin. I jump out and hook up a tow rope which we pulled the hummer out with..... the whole driver side flooded. After i opened the driver door and water literally poured out we drove back to the house. After many hours of cleaning and absorbing it was mostly dry. I still am FURIOUS with them. Everything seems to work fine but is there anything i should check?
Thanks in advance. Im told there are pictures so i will post those asap.

Last edited by Prescottbound; 06-23-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Default re

You have to put something under your carpet (spacer)so you can get air flow under the carpet it so it won't mildew

Old 06-23-2009, 09:56 PM

Sorry to hear of your mishap. I would be pissed too. Try running a household dehumidifier in it for a couple of days.

Let us know how it comes out.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Location: Southlake texas is my hometown but Prescott Arizona for college

Well i left the windows down for two days in 101 degree heat and wet vacced the carpet as soon as it happened so its totally dry and was the first day so i dont think mildew will be there.... i hope. My friend is sending pictures tonight so i will have them up by morning hopefully

Old 06-24-2009, 05:48 AM

you would of been pissed if you locked up your motor , try and get them to warranty that. so now you have a 40 grand off road truck lol it'll smell like swamp try sellin that as vgc haha

Old 06-25-2009, 01:38 AM

Damn......

Old 06-25-2009, 02:14 AM

Make sure you check all your fluids, not sure how high the vent hoses go but I'm guessing you might have been over them.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:34 PM

What are you pissed about and to whom are you pissed at??
Your buddies for saying it's only a "puddle"? Hummer for not making an air/water tight vehicle that was basically submerged? Who?
Things happen when wheeling - it's the reason you bought a Hummer and it's the risk you take.
Sucks to have stinky carpet in a brand new rig BUT when you you submerge a vehicle........................................... .......................................

Old 06-26-2009, 05:36 PM

Before you get angry at me I finally took the time to see you are angry at your buddies for not knowing the trail - THAT I understand.
I'll shut up now - complete reading has never been my strong point.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:21 PM

ugg...that sucks. Did anyone else go through it first? Who was leading who? Anytime I'm in a new area with people who have been on it before, I always let them go first.

Quick Reply: Well the unthinkable happened