PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock radios

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 05:34 PM
Default stock radios

my truck came with nav. i dont care for it or any screens glowing in my vehicles. phones better for nav. been thinking about swapping in an oem single cd stereo. i know it would need programmed by dealer but would it still perform all the other functions? like the xm channel and chimes or whatever else it supposed to do? the wire harness plugs appear the same.

also, how would i know if i had the monsoon system or did T's even come with that? thanks again for any help

Old 07-10-2017, 07:45 AM

If you have NAV you have a Monsoon.

Old 07-10-2017, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
If you have NAV you have a Monsoon.
I see. Would the oem single cd power the system properly? think i read in a post on here that the serial number of the single cd stereo needs to end in 2201 to work with monsoon. is that correct? if so that sucks as i just bought one with a serial number that ends in 2200. which if i understand correctly wont work...poop.

Last edited by Echelon; 07-10-2017 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:12 PM

I only know of the 6 disc working with the Monsoon.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:26 PM

this is from another thread on the forum:

"If the radio part number is 15852200 then no you can not upgrade with another H3 radio. Probably aftermarket. This is the UB0 Option nonMoonsoon.
If it has part number 15852201 which was used through 2007 model year, you can upgrade up to the factory NAV as this is the single disk with the moonsoon system. This is the US8 Option"

Old 07-11-2017, 12:45 PM

Like I said, I only know of the 6 disc working with the Monsoon.

The person you are quoting had 19 posts and most where to sell stuff. I haven't done it and I don't know anyone with a single disc Monsoon so I can't say it will work or not.

Is it worth the $ to have it reprogrammed @ a dealer to find out? That is a personal question for you and your wallet. If you do go for it and it works or not please let ALL of us know here so we can have definitive proof of either.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:44 PM

oh i sure will if i go for it. there was at least one guy in that thread who claimed to have monsoon and a single disc. idk, ill have to do some more research before i do though. seems like its just you and me in here tainter. thanks for the replies

Old 07-12-2017, 07:59 AM

Plenty of knowledge people on HF. They may not respond because they may not have information on your specific concerns.

Old 07-12-2017, 06:58 PM

oh no doubt. just seems to be not much traffic in the whole h3t section, let alone my posts. not alot of new posts anyway. i suppose its to be expected on a limited, aged, and defunct type of vehicle like the h3t's. plus my question here is kinda odd.

Old 12-11-2017, 05:42 PM

ok update on the single cd headunit. i bit the bullet and had the dealer program it. seems to do everything except the rear door woofers. they work but dont have the bass of the front doors like they should. door chimes are there and i can still use my aux in through the xm channel. sounds ok with the front doors faded in but not like it should. ill try it for awhile because it sounds ok and the head unit looks great in the dash. i may end up putting the nav headunit back in idk...

Last edited by Echelon; 12-21-2017 at 01:54 PM.

Quick Reply: stock radios