PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Snugtop Slant Back Cover

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 11:55 AM

Well, a good point, but here's what I like:
1) the look of the slant back (kind of like the Hx concept). Completes the back end look. IMHO.
2) I dont have to get on my back and crawl underneath the cap. I just open it and it pops up. If I hop into the bed, yes I can't stand up. But I can easily fit while on my knees.
3) The amt of stuff you can fit in to the regular H3 - I can almost fit in bed of the truck, and now I dont have to get the back seats dirty, and I can still carry 4-5 people in it.
4) I can carry sheets of plywood. A main reason for switching to the H3T. If the hatch on the H3 opened vertically - that would be one thing, but it doesn't so it makes it much more difficult to carry something 8 feet long.
5) Locking front differential as well as locking rear.
6) If I need to I can take the cap off and it's back to the version of the truck others seem to prefer. So I can have it both ways.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Default Mid America is a GO!

Got thru to them and confirmed they can order it through the mfg, mentioned it could take 4 to 5 weeks. $2,995 with a $100 discount.
Since most of my gear is not very tall, even with the dog, the Slant Back is both sharp looking and useful for most of my crhap. Just thought I'd share the news. Decided to upgrade to a leather package... problems...Now... to find a graphite luxury edition close to Michigan...
What happend to the days that you could order the darned thing right from the factory? aren't they making them still in LA?
Gonna miss the H2, but the H3T will be a good filler!
Thanks everyone for the good posts of info!
Tom