PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Snugtop Slant Back Cover

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 02:07 PM

Looked at getting one a few months ago but for the price no way. Also, you loose a lot of square footage for storage because of the slant design. They look cool, but not very practical if you want to use the bed.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:45 PM

I ordered one from Mid America near St Louis back in 1st week of Apr. They said it'd be about 3 weeks. And now I hear it'll be another week or so. Mid America claims it was from all the orders they were getting for the thing.
Anyway, hopefully it'll be in soon.
Driving there to have it installed. Save the $750 shipping charge.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Default Slant Back Order and Bed Box

I ordered a topper from Mid America a couple of days ago. The full price will be $2,895 after the $100 discount from Snugtop, but I only had to put down a $1,500 deposit to get the order placed. After reading the post about production delays, I called Snugtop directly and asked how long it's taking to fill orders, and they said they are producing the toppers within a few weeks to a month of receiving orders. However, Snugtop also mentioned that they only ship products to Mid America every few weeks. If a topper in the color you ordered isn't available when a shippment goes out, you will have to wait at least a few weeks before the next shippment.

Shipping from Mid America to Minneapolis would take an additional few weeks, and will cost somewhere between $500-600. Also, Mid America will only ship to a commercial address, since the toppers come on an 18-wheeler. I am 400 miles away from Mid America, so between gas and sales tax, the shipping cost is probably a wash, but I might get the topper a few weeks sooner.

Finally, I am wondering if anyone knows if the OEM full-length lockable bed boxes are compatible with the slant back? The box latches onto the cargo management system rails, and I am concerned that the slant back topper does as well. I could always spend another $2,600 on the H3T TruckVault system just to be safe....

Old 05-04-2009, 12:18 PM

yes they are compatible. Saw one at my dealer that had both installed.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:33 PM

Hey guys, just wanted to pass this along….I just heard Sewell HUMMER has 3 show-room demo H3T Slant Back Toppers for sale. Deeply discounted, show room demos meaning "only installed for the show room, never on a customer's truck".They are supposed to have 2 black ones and one white one.$2500.00 installed if local or $2500.00 plus shipping for out of town buyers.They also have 2 sets of the H3T Bed Sliders for $750 each, over the counter/pickup.No word on installation.Oh…..one last thing….H2 Chrome and black PC front skid plates…$250 + core exchange.I believe the parts are out of the Plano Store……972-588-7570 should get you in touch if you are interested.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:15 PM

Looks like a couple of the showroom ones Gunner mentioned about Sewell selling for a discount are up on eBay. Not sure what the reserve is, but they have a black and white one for sale. If you are near Plano and can avoid the shipping charges, might be worth seeing what the reserve price is by putting in a bid.
I didn't really like these at first, but now I am on the fence. That black one looks pretty good.
Only 22 hours left on this auction...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=150342804386

Old 05-07-2009, 08:48 PM

At first I didn't really care for them either, but after seeing them in person...They sort of grew on me.

They really, really....change the lines of the truck.

Super sweet looking on that DAY STAR/SEMA truck running the 37's.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:25 PM

One at the dealer I took a pic of.

Attached Thumbnails Snugtop Slant Back Cover-img_0112.jpg  
Old 05-10-2009, 04:48 AM

whoever designed that is lucky to have theyre job.why buy a dam truck, thats the new model h30

Old 05-10-2009, 02:04 PM

I've had a cap on every other pickup I've ever owned because I need protection and security for my cargo. I does make it hard to pick up refrigerators from Home Depot though!

Quick Reply: Snugtop Slant Back Cover