PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Show me your Slantbacks!

Old 03-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Default Show me your Slantbacks!

I am about to pull the trigger on an H3T but I am having serious commitment anxiety about the color. I am a slantback lover and need to see pics of your rigs with the snugtop to help me make up my mind. Preferrably lifted w/35s. Currently between white, silver, or maroon (forget the official name). Show me what you got!

Old 03-07-2012, 12:02 AM

IMHO, white is not a good color for a slantback. I have a white H3T and looked at a lot of pictures... Slantbacks look good on dark trucks, but something about light colors just don't look right to me. Also not a fan of silver in general, but dark gray looks great.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Default My 2010 slant top

http://jntfj80.shutterfly.com/pictures/21#21

Here's a couple of pictures of my rig. 35's with the slant top. I just happened to find this rare set of HUMMER wheels to make it all come together

Old 03-26-2012, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by skeptic
IMHO, white is not a good color for a slantback. I have a white H3T and looked at a lot of pictures... Slantbacks look good on dark trucks, but something about light colors just don't look right to me. Also not a fan of silver in general, but dark gray looks great.
Did you end up leaving it open or going with a cover? If a cover, I'd like to see what it looks like. I ended up with a white H3T adventure. Torn between a slantback or a black Diamondback tonneau.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:17 AM

If you use your rearview mirror at all you do not want the slantback. You can see NOTHING! Plus, the sheer weight of the dang thing reduces your payload and also reduces the size of items you can carry.

Go with a tri fold tonneau or hard cover like the Diamond Back. I think you will be much happier.

Just mt $0.02 as a fellow "T" owner.

Last edited by TAINTER; 03-29-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by AK RAM
Did you end up leaving it open or going with a cover? If a cover, I'd like to see what it looks like. I ended up with a white H3T adventure. Torn between a slantback or a black Diamondback tonneau.
Right now it's just open with a bungee cord style net. Eventually I will get a hard tri-fold tonneau cover for it. I like the black Diamondback better, both looks and functionality for most things, but I need to be able to fold it completely out of the way on occasion and you just can't do that with the Diamondback.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:30 AM

Each half of the Diamonback will fold flat against the other unless you have the window guard. Each half is easily removed leaving only the center cross beam. Whole thing comes off fairly easy, but I rather hate messing with it, lol. If you need to use the bed more with loads higher than the bed sides than lower then go with tri-fold style. If not and you are looking for ultimate security in a tonneau cover then go with the Diamond Back, love mine and wouldn't trade it for another, need the security.

I agree with the color in regards to the slant back, darker looks better. Seems like someone on here at one time had a slant back with a different color than the truck, white on black or black on white, been a while so fuzzy on the details, lol.

Speaking of low visibility..........now add to this my Thor Parts spare tire carrier/bumper, lol.

Name:  Rearview.png
Views: 284
Size:  479.1 KB

The Daystar T is white

Name:  Daystars_H3T.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  44.5 KB

Purple.....uhhh I mean maroon, lol

Last edited by beachbum; 03-29-2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by jntfj80
http://jntfj80.shutterfly.com/pictures/21#21

Here's a couple of pictures of my rig. 35's with the slant top. I just happened to find this rare set of HUMMER wheels to make it all come together

Nice rig love those wheels!

Old 05-07-2012, 06:43 AM

I have a de-chromed/white H3T with a black slant top. I think the flat black works well on the white....

Old 05-07-2012, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by DirtyHarry
I have a de-chromed/white H3T with a black slant top. I think the flat black works well on the white....
Post up some pix and let us see!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Show me your Slantbacks!