Misfire 1 cylinder - Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer H3T The popular H3 gets the added capabilties of a small pick-up, with the look and performance of the original H3.

Misfire 1 cylinder

Old 08-09-2018, 10:53 AM
Default Misfire 1 cylinder

hi guys,

I had my check engine light on and blinking with code P0301 Cylinder 1 misfire detected. I removed the ignition coil and spark plug, the boot was rusted so as the top of the spark plug and the wall of the coil also a little bit of rust on top of the engine where the 1st coil sits.
I just ordered the coil and spark plug online. Haven't replace it yet. Have any of you had the same experience? Is there water leaking into the engine and sits on the 1st cylinder? I checked the other cylinders and there was no rust.

thanks!

Old 08-09-2018, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Aluminum does not rust, but it can stain. If you drive in heavy rain, through enough puddles you could get moisture into the coil boot. The plug connector cap inside is metal
and could corrode/rust. Even high humidity if the vehicle sits long enough could cause corrosion if the boot was not properly sealed over the plug.

Clean off the top of the plug, spay inside the coil boot with electrical contact cleaner and see what happens.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:30 AM

Hey Doc,
Yeah it looks more of a stain, I just mistook it for rust since it looked the same. I did clean the boot, plug, and the compartment. I am ataching a pic of the plug and the hole of the plug. Is this issue being caused by the water leaking to the engine from that hood panel on top of the hood?

Old 08-10-2018, 07:01 AM

The hood panel will leak on the head from the clip areas on the underside of the hood.
Seal the area around the clips.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Wow, that is one cruddy looking spark plug. Taint is right, your hood has been leaking for a while.

Old 08-10-2018, 01:15 PM

Yeah that was from the 1st cylinder, and the only one with the stained like that. All the rest were ok. What's the best way to seal those clips on the hood?
By the way I already changed all the spark plugs and ignition coil. Its running fine now and the codes are gone. Except for the RPM, (i have a Manual trans H3T) every time I release the clutch when changing to a lower gear, the engine revs up, and i try to control it by just stepping on the clutch, and then it just stabilize below 1000 RPM. Is this normal after all the spark plugs has been replaced?

Old 08-11-2018, 08:37 AM

Manual H3T, what color?

Old 08-13-2018, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER View Post
Manual H3T, what color?
Black one.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:22 AM

Is it out of Chicago Area?
Not to many H3T manuals out there.

I may know/wheeled with the previous owner.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER View Post
Is it out of Chicago Area?
Not to many H3T manuals out there.

I may know/wheeled with the previous owner.
i know right, only 50 or so built in the entire line up.
I'm in Texas. I got the H3t from an auction. And I believe the previous owner was from Louisiana.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Misfire 1 cylinder

Advertising
Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.