PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Homelink visor for h3t

Old 04-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Default Homelink visor for h3t

Anyone have or know the part number for the h3t homelink visor. My local gm dealer tried and came back with "I don't think that was available or wired for that". Seriously? I pretty sure some of you guys have it as an option. Perhaps it was only available to alpha version?

Any help, would be appreciated.

Jeff

Old 04-06-2011, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by jntfj80
Anyone have or know the part number for the h3t homelink visor. My local gm dealer tried and came back with "I don't think that was available or wired for that". Seriously? I pretty sure some of you guys have it as an option. Perhaps it was only available to alpha version?

Any help, would be appreciated.

Jeff
We have an 09 H3T Base/Adventure and it has the Homelink. It was an option on some models and standard on others. It is a nice feature, I have it programmed for the garage door and it has a better range than the remote that came with the door opener!

As far as the wiring and a part #, I will check with my service/parts CD and see if I can find it. I'm don't have the CD in my posession (I loaned it out for someone to make a copy). When I get it back I'll check for ya!

Old 04-09-2011, 11:08 AM

My '08 H3 Adventure has it. I think it came standard on that one.

My '05 Silverado AWS was pretty well loaded up, but no Homelink. When I asked the dealer why, he said it was not available on pickups.

So I asked what it would cost to put one in. The parts guy told me the parts and labor would be about $700. I didn't want it that bad.

I knew that Tahoes and Suburbans had them, so I got on E bay and found the whole panel and Homelink for $25. I took it to my bodyshop friend, and he took out my panel and installed the Homelink panel in about 15 minutes. The Homelink unit is self contained, so all you need is a power and ground wire, which was already in the headliner for the dome lights.

I wanted a viser unit for my '99 Vette, also. I could not find a viser that matched my stock one, but did find a viser Homelink without the viser on E Bay for $25. All I had to do is slit the stitching around the edge of the viser, insert the unit, cut out for the buttons, and hook up the two wires.