PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3T Tire Sizes

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 07:07 PM

Thanks for the reply, but I'm finding it difficult to obtain OEM wheels for the H3T and probably going to purchase a set of replacement rims. as I mentioned above I'm discovering different offset sizes will affect the tire clearance, I want to purchase 315/75R16, on new 16 x 8 rims with an offset of "0". want to be sure these will fit.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:50 AM

The wheel backspacing is the # you need to know.
16x8 is a larger than stock wheel and can create issues with fitment depending on the backspace.

There are plenty of H3/H3T wheels around on craigslist, ebay etc. If you are speaking of the base steel wheels please realize they are VERY HEAVY, they rust and with larger tires will drain even more power form your I5.

Base Steel Wheels

I like the look of the OEM 7 spoke slotted painted black

Old 08-23-2018, 08:15 AM

I have OEM Alloy Wheels and have been shopping for a complete set of four for a considerable period of time on "numerous" sites and have even gone to GM, and been advised "Unfortunately, part number 9595907 is still on backorder. There is not an estimated time when GM will have stock available."

Old 08-23-2018, 08:21 AM

Regarding "backspacing #" when I visit a site such as Tire Rack they reference 'offset' under research and advice, which I am under the impression is one in the same as backspacing? I'm somewhat surprised that a 16 x 8 rim which is 1/2 larger than the 16 x 7.5 OEM rim won't fit.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:36 AM

I meant to say that the offset measurement, will affect the backspace measurement. The higher offset increases the backspace measurement. https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?whe...cl=50mm&sr=0mm

Old 08-23-2018, 08:38 PM

Sorry, meant to say the higher offset #, will "decrease" the backspace measurement. Got on an on-line chat at Tire Rack and was informed a 16 x 8 rim with a 10mm offset will work, but the 16 x 8 rim with a 0mm offset may require a vehicle lift kit. Not sure why? Can anyone explain?

Old 08-24-2018, 09:07 AM

eBay has tons of sets of OEM H3 wheels.
9595907 is missing a digit, not a GM part #.
Back space and offset are 2 totally different #s.
Offset is based upon the wheels width, so different for 7",8",9",etc.
Back space does not change. It's measured from the back of the wheels hub to the outer lip.
Maximum backspacing is 5.25 I believe 4.50" is pretty good for an aftermarket wheel. 16" is the minimum wheel size due to caliper clearance.

Old 08-24-2018, 04:48 PM

I was under the impression using this forum was to share useful and obtain helpful information. Advising me that there are "tons" of sets of OEM H3 wheels on ebay is HILARIOUS. I've been to ebay numerous times searching for the specific wheel applicable to my H3T. Yes, there are numerous single rims being sold on ebay, but I'm not about to purchase one rim from four different vendors to complete the set. And it is item/part number 9595907 aluminum, 7 single spoke rim here is the link https://www.gmpartsnow.com/oem-parts...-alloy-9595907 since you state the number its not a GM part #. Lastly, I know back space and offset are two different numbers, perhaps you neglected to check the link I included above which demonstrates how changing the value of the offset affects the back space measurement, here it is again https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?whe...cl=50mm&sr=0mm. The site was able to furnish me with the maximum size tire I can upgrade to,

Old 09-01-2018, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
The wheel backspacing is the # you need to know.
16x8 is a larger than stock wheel and can create issues with fitment depending on the backspace.

There are plenty of H3/H3T wheels around on craigslist, ebay etc. If you are speaking of the base steel wheels please realize they are VERY HEAVY, they rust and with larger tires will drain even more power form your I5.

Base Steel Wheels

I like the look of the OEM 7 spoke slotted painted black

Ive never seen the black rims with soft d like circle before. Those are really quite interesting. Are they steel, aluminum? Even looking on the web I found very few if any images.

Old 09-06-2018, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Happy Hummer
Ive never seen the black rims with soft d like circle before. Those are really quite interesting. Are they steel, aluminum? Even looking on the web I found very few if any images.
Those rims are what came on the H3T spare tire. They are steel (AKA "steelies")
Since the spare is under the bed, they are rarely seen.
Some people liked the look and made full sets of the rims on their H3's and H3T's.
They are poorly finished though and rust easily.

Quick Reply: H3T Tire Sizes