PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3T stereo upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Banned
Default fun following you around!

Are you running them off an amp or do they have them internal?
!!!

lets see, big fat red and black power wires,,,rca plugs/jacks,,,fuses on panel,,controls.

im guessin the're amps,,but then you're the x pert.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by wasatch1
Sweet Solid JJ! How does it sound? Are you running them off an amp or do they have them internal? So many few options to make our trucks have some real sound! Again looks great!
It's just like yours 8" with 120 amp built in. I'm running 6G power to both of them and I like the bass of them. An other T owner had one in his and I try to install 3 but only 2 can fit as you know. Passengers in the rear get a nice butt rub from them and i can feel it in my back aswell. I do like how you bolted them down and wanted to know what you used to keep them from sliding around. I would recommend thicker power wire and ground for power draw with 240amps, can't go wrong with 6G for both for them.

Last edited by SolidJJ; 05-02-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by drtom
!!!

lets see, big fat red and black power wires,,,rca plugs/jacks,,,fuses on panel,,controls.

im guessin the're amps,,but then you're the x pert.
No need to be an *** about it, we are all grown adults here and if you can not conduct yourself as one keep your comments to yourself.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:59 PM

For those that upgraded there sound systems. I am looking to do the same and had a few questions? I will be installing new speakers all around and most likely will be going with the kicker set up shown in this thread (have not decided if I will run one or two yet)

1.Did you run new wire for the door speakers or did you just tap into the factory wires?

2.What size are the pillar tweeters?

3.Did anyone bypass the factory amp altogether and run a separate aftermarket amp for the door speakers and then use either the kicker or Sound ordinance sub/amp combo set up?

I do have some install knowledge but was wondering how other approached there projects and if they were happy with the results.

Thanks in advance

Old 09-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Default Update?

Any update as to how these worked out for you? Do they sound good?

Old 07-27-2013, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by D-nice77
For those that upgraded there sound systems. I am looking to do the same and had a few questions? I will be installing new speakers all around and most likely will be going with the kicker set up shown in this thread (have not decided if I will run one or two yet)

1.Did you run new wire for the door speakers or did you just tap into the factory wires?

2.What size are the pillar tweeters?

3.Did anyone bypass the factory amp altogether and run a separate aftermarket amp for the door speakers and then use either the kicker or Sound ordinance sub/amp combo set up?

I do have some install knowledge but was wondering how other approached there projects and if they were happy with the results.

Thanks in advance
Ever figure this one out? I'm trying to figure out where the wires for the tweeters are located, etc. so I can avoid running new speaker wire. Thanks!

Old 07-27-2013, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by emetdw
Ever figure this one out? I'm trying to figure out where the wires for the tweeters are located, etc. so I can avoid running new speaker wire. Thanks!
I went with crutchfield and they sent the wires that hook up to the new speaker to the factory harness.

Also a few months after I install my subs I went in and cleaned up the wires.

Name:  100_0877.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  197.2 KB