PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3t ss vortec 6.2 build

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Default H3t ss vortec 6.2 build

Hey guys new to forum but not new to being a auto fanatic. Every car or truck Ive ever owned has been developed to the max and is the furthest from stock. Presently rolling a 04 stage 3 supercharged convertible M3 as well as the T..

Anyway just got an 09 H3T with 17k miles on it and I got started on hooking it up. Gobi Stealth, Custom front fog light bar, Roof and Body markers, color matched grill, blacked out mirrors and door handles, bed rug and some other small doo dads.

Also got the Slantback which is sitting in my garage and Desperately need some Wheels with MT's. However I have the 5 cylinder and from what I read and believe this truck is a Dog now and will be a Dead Dog once I put on Slant and get wheels. I Swear its slower since I put on the Gobi.

I am a 42yr old guy have raced semi pro and owned crazy fast street cars. I am not the type of guy at my age to race light to light and beat on my cars especially on a Truck. So in My Quest for more power and to have a bad a$$ One Of truck I decided to look up Mash Motors. Mike Mash does Dmax conversions for H2's and has a bunch of low mile 6.2's he has taken out if H2's. So we struck up a deal on a 6.2 with 5200 miles on it and my truck arrived in Kansas this week. Mike agrees we should not only have a Very Fast more drivable truck, but that it will be reliable if I dont beat it down. As with anything if you are on it all the time, you are gonna tear it up.

Mike is gonna send me pictures as the build is going on and I will post em up for you all. I Know I Always love to look at build threads. I have a few phone pics of it on the hauler I wanted to post but they are too big which I thought was odd. Any advice on how to post pics?

Attached Thumbnails H3t ss vortec 6.2 build-img00251-20110124-1002.jpg   H3t ss vortec 6.2 build-img00247-20110124-0950.jpg  
Old 01-30-2011, 03:00 PM

Awesome! Keep the pics coming! Where do you live? What's Mash setting you back on the conversion? I really want to do the diesel down the road on my 3

Old 01-30-2011, 04:47 PM

Didn't know he was putting the diesel in the H3. I knew he would put the 6 liter gas in them.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:23 PM

He used to do a diesel, but they stopped for some reason... I would bet they would still do it...

Old 01-31-2011, 10:09 AM

Niiiice. So I thought I remembered Mash's website offering diesel H3 conversions? What happened, anyone know? That was my plan for the ultimate mod to the T.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:02 PM

From the work I have seen from Mike. you are in good hands. I am looking forward to your build. Now ask Mike if he has a spare Dmax laying around he can throw in my H2. LOL

The one thing Mike may not address (you'll have to ask him) is the front carrier bushing. Front crossmember has bushing that keep the front diff from rotating. Many of us have had this go out. GM's fix is a new crossmember with bushing that will go out again. There is a fix that a member on CHO has designed/ tested and seems to be a permanant fix. With the additional power that drivetain will see, I would look into this.

You can always PM and I will get you that person's info.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:53 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the positive feedback.

We talked about supercharging but decided on the 6.2 as the best bet. He didnt even mention nor does his site talk about a diesel mod for the 3. Probably issues with the trans on that, I would guess..

Yep its gotta be an auto. Mike said he was just talking to a guy with a manual when we were still hashing stuff out, musta been you brotha..

Timgro, so youve seen Mikes work first hand? All I could see was pics, I did check around and he has good references and is a Helluva nice guy. He took my 25calls and 1000 questions with pleasure. I pmd you for the crossmember contact.

Tried my best not to call him today for an update, imagine we are all taken apart and motor is pulled. I Know he is taking off the bed to get at fuel sender. He said Id have like 200 pics, so they shall follow.

I had a helluva time finding a transporter to get it there. Seems Ks is off the beaten trucking path. Hope he will be done like a week from this thursday.

Stay Tuned

Old 02-07-2011, 08:27 PM

Please keep me in the loop. I have the same truck. I have changed the Air supply system, placed a super chip in and cut out the old muffler and replaced it with a Magna flow. Some power increase and gas mileage. But as you said I NEED MORE. By the way were did you get that front fog light bar from?