PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with aftermarket stereo and dash lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 09:04 PM
Default Need help with aftermarket stereo and dash lights

Bought my 2006 Hummer H2 last year and installed a full aftermarket stereo in it over the summer. Pioneer double din hooked straight to the 3 amps. Got everything from Crutchfield with the little black box that is supposed to let me use my steering wheel controls as well. After all was hooked up, the dash lights keep shorting out. its a 15 amp fuse, and just to see, it blows everything up to 30 amp as soon as i turn on the lights. (I didnt leave the bigger fuses in, just wanted to see) Crutchfield said I must have hooked something up wrong even though I followed the directions to the letter.
Has anyone else run into this problem? If I could avoid paying for 3-5 hours of shop time at one of the stereo shops in town that would be great, thanks in advance for ANY help you can provide.
All the info I could help with is this: Pioneer double din, all Alpine amps BUT, never unhooked the factory amp. Not sure if thats something that needed to be done? Crutchfield never said anything about that.