PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3T Bed Liner

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 09:45 PM
Default H3T Bed Liner

I have an interesting problem,my bedliner is cracked and the dealer says its not covered under warranty since it wasn't noticed before I drove it off the lot. The crack is on the left rear corner in the middle of the bend, I've only had the truck3 months and noticed the crack a few days after picking it up and before hauling anything in the bed. I asked the dealer who the manufacturer of the bedliner isthinking I could talk to them directly.The dealer said it's part of the body and theydon't know who manufacturers them. Theytold me there aren't anyreplacements availableevenif I wanted to purchase one (no idea of cost either). I find this hard to believe!

Any ideas on who to contact next or insight on who the manufacturer is?

Old 01-24-2009, 09:02 AM
Default RE: H3T Bed Liner

I would ask to speak to the Service Manager first, remember if you are nice but firm they will tend to listen to your concerns more than being irate. If you do not get the solution that way you can look in the back of your small warranty booklet that came with your owners manual and there is a 800 number that you can call for customer service, generally once you get to that stage, they tend to listen a little more to your concerns.

I deal with this type of stuff all the time and I can see both sides of the issues. Just remember to stay calm and let them know when you get your service survey you will fill it out completely satisfied that is very important to a dealership.

Hope this helps you out. If I can help with anything please let me know.

If you could post a pic of the crack I would like to see it.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:28 AM

Here is a picture of the crack. I did talk to the service manager, he explained to me about the warranty and said he didn't have any information on the liner. I don't know if I'm ready to speak with customer service yet.I am going the calm route, I'm in an information/suggestion gathering mode right now.

I appreciate your feedback!

[IMG]local://upfiles/6129/A119CCF8540442649C13D5653A74C0F7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-24-2009, 12:17 PM

I know that these bedliners are a modular system or multiple piece systems. They should be able to replace just that one side. I will do some research for you on it.

I checked on the parts computer and they do offer replacement panels, it is a 4 piece system. floor, 2 sides and the front piece that says HUMMER. They don't have any in stock they would have to do a special order to get one in, but the dealer should be able to get that handled for you.

Old 01-25-2009, 05:38 PM

Thanks, I'd be interested in finding out how much a floor costs.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:25 PM

I was at the dealership and spoke with the parts guy. He showed me a parts breakdown for the bed, and part numbers do exist. There were actually 2 different generations of liner produced. The part numbers are not showing as valid in the computer yet, so no pricing. Still hoping this will be covered under warranty!