PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx 70,000 mi REVIEW

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 08:43 PM
Default Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx 70,000 mi REVIEW

This was the day I got the tires.
Got my baby some Cooper S/T Maxx's.... and then....

So I've had my ST Maxx's(285/75-16) for 5 years now and I've put about 70,000 miles on them, and they've been a great set of tires! I'm surprised how much tread is left after so many miles, I'm still a few /32's away from the tread wear indicators. I've rotated them about every 10,000 miles. They had more of a hum on road when they were younger, but you would really only notice if the windows were down. They were great in the rain until about 45,000 miles when I noticed the front sliding if I took a turn on wet pavement real fast. But nothing the AWD couldn't pull me out of. And I mean taking a HARD right turn, at about 30mph, I still have never had them hydroplane at speed. I've driven down fire roads at 40mph in the Ouachita Mountains, and they've handled flawlessly. I've picked up screws and nails, but nothing ever punctured them. My friends in town call me whenever there's snow and ice because they know my tires won't have a problem. One of the friends lived at the top of a purely iced over hill where 4 cars were at the bottom in the ditch. I locked my T in 4hi and the Maxx's didn't slip once!

But I know they're getting near the end of their life, and I'm looking at what's out there now days. I was thinking of maybe going 35", I've always liked the look better. I've been so impressed with the performance and longevity of the Maxx's, it's hard to pick a different tire.

What say you guys? Anyone have a real long term review of an all-terrain?

rear

front

a great looking dirty tire, the way she's meant to be