Hummer H3T The popular H3 gets the added capabilties of a small pick-up, with the look and performance of the original H3.

09 H3T Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 07:54 AM
Default 09 H3T Questions

Apologies in advance if my questions were already answered. I'm just too lazy to spend anymore time digging through forums trying to find the answers. Appreciate all the replies. I'm taking my h3t in on Friday to get a 3 to 4 inch lift. I believe the guy mentioned shackles and a torsion bar. As you can see on the pics whoever had this vehicle prior to me actually lowered it. I think it will look much better / different after Friday.

1. I'm running 305/55R20. After my lift on Friday will I be able to upgrade to 36 inch tires? As of now even at full lock there's absolutely no rubbing. I can probably count on one hand the amount of times that I've had to turn full lock anyways, so it really wouldn't be that big of a deal to me, but if I slap some 36 inch tires on the existing Wheels do you think it would rub?

2. What's the overall consensus on a very small wheel spacer with Loctite? (Assuming I put 36 inch tires on in the near future.)

3. Can someone give a brief high-level difference between the shackle and torsion bar lift compared to the Rancho lift that I see on multiple forums? ( besides the fact that the Rancho is much more expensive.)

4. What are some simple mods in layman's terms that would improve my car from a performance standpoint. Is it just a K&N air filter? Any good kits/links you could provide?

5. My truck has two antennas. One long one that is bent on the right side on the hood. Also one up top by the moonroof. What can I do to upgrade the small skinny long antenna on the right side. Is this for the radio?

As you can see I'm no mechanic / car expert 🤣. THANK YOU! Lowered still. 7/16/18

Old 07-16-2018, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by awill10291
apologies in advance if my questions were already answered. I'm just too lazy to spend anymore time digging through forums trying to find the answers. Appreciate all the replies. I'm taking my h3t in on friday to get a 3 to 4 inch lift. I believe the guy mentioned shackles and a torsion bar. As you can see on the pics whoever had this vehicle prior to me actually lowered it. I think it will look much better / different after friday.

1. I'm running 305/55r20. After my lift on friday will i be able to upgrade to 36 inch tires? As of now even at full lock there's absolutely no rubbing. I can probably count on one hand the amount of times that i've had to turn full lock anyways, so it really wouldn't be that big of a deal to me, but if i slap some 36 inch tires on the existing wheels do you think it would rub?

even with the "lift" you will be able to fit a 35" tall tire, the width and backspacing on your aftermarket wheels will dictate if that will even fit.

2. What's the overall consensus on a very small wheel spacer with loctite? (assuming i put 36 inch tires on in the near future.)
never been a fan of any spacer between the wheel and the hub

3. Can someone give a brief high-level difference between the shackle and torsion bar lift compared to the rancho lift that i see on multiple forums? ( besides the fact that the rancho is much more expensive.)
one is a waste of $ and the other is a true 4" lift not produced anymore.
I have no idea what they did to that poor h3t in the front or rear so we can't really help you without photos of both.

4. What are some simple mods in layman's terms that would improve my car from a performance standpoint. Is it just a k&n air filter? Any good kits/links you could provide? airdoc cai and an afe prodry filter(no oiling and it is washable). You didn't specify the engine in it so we can't really speculate on a hand held tuner. If it is an 09 alpha -superchips flashpaq in "tow-haul" mode (won't work on a 2010 alpha). Not sure for an i5.

5. My truck has two antennas. One long one that is bent on the right side on the hood. Also one up top by the moonroof. What can i do to upgrade the small skinny long antenna on the right side. Is this for the radio?
antenna on the roof is for onstar and nav. The other on the fender is for the stereo. F15b-hum02 by antennax for the fender. You still have to remove it when going through a car wash.

as you can see i'm no mechanic / car expert ��. Thank you!
see red

Last edited by TAINTER; 07-18-2018 at 06:41 AM.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:29 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the great info. It's a 5 banger! Not a V8.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:25 AM

I5 - PCMofNC.com for a tune of the PCM.

Got any pix of how they lowered the rear? Did they use blocks?
If just blocks, remove the lowering blocks and get new U bolts and you back to a normal ride height.

Not sure what they did to that poor Ts front end.
Post Pix and we can assist.

Don't waste your $ on the leveling kit if you don't need it.

Old 07-17-2018, 02:48 PM
Thumbs up Re

[QUOTE=TAINTER;353255]I5 - PCMofNC.com for a tune of the PCM.

Got any pix of how they lowered the rear? Did they use blocks?
If just blocks, remove the lowering blocks and get new U bolts and you back to a normal ride height.

Not sure what they did to that poor Ts front end.
Post Pix and we can assist.

Don't waste your $ on the leveling kit if you don't need it.

Why wouldn't I pay $800 bucks for 3 additional inches above stock height (once back to stock height)? Plus won't this 3 inches body lift/level help me avoid rubbing once I go from the 33 inch tires that are on there now to 36 inch or 37 inch tires? I'm 95% city driver. Doing it for the looks not for the performance/off roading/ride......however I'm not afraid to offroad if the time/environment is right! Thanks for the info on the PCMofNC. What exactly is that site? What do I buy from there? The replacement ECM? What is an ECM. Where would I take it to get it installed? How much would install cost? What will it provide once installed? Thanks for all your answers!

The rear is lowered using blocks. They are removing them Friday! Also they are fixing the front end too somehow. Not sure exactly what they did to lower the front. I can't WAIT for it to be done! Thoughts on other performance mods? Do you recommend air filter kit? If so what one exactly? What else can I do to enhance HP, speed, gas mileage, etc! THANK YOU!

Old 07-17-2018, 07:37 PM

6. Where can I purchase all new plastics for my vehicle on the exterior? OR.... thoughts on removing all plastic trim on the exterior and Rhino Lining? Reason being is everything is so Sun damaged it looks terrible. I used black again and it only lasts a couple of weeks. Not worth it in my opinion. I also want to remove my front grill and Rhino line it as well. Thoughts and comments? All replies are appreciated.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:51 AM

#&&%@?@?

Last edited by TAINTER; 07-18-2018 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:04 AM

That's not nice Tainter. Anyways, thanks for your previous reply!

Old 07-20-2018, 08:30 PM
Default Yika

Love h8 relationship... definitely need 37s now.

Old 07-23-2018, 03:14 PM
Default Happy Monday

Was driving 3
0 miles per hour and what do you know. I see my rim and tire fly by me over my vehicle and roll 80 yards. Shop that leveled my truck said that the studs broke because somebody put on cheap aftermarket studs. I call BS. I don't think they torqued the tires on enough or maybe too much.

Quick Reply: 09 H3T Questions