PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Are you kidding me STEALERSHIP?!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 08:27 PM
DH3
Default Are you kidding me STEALERSHIP?!!

Here's my dilemma... I know there are a few threads out there about the "SERV TPM" message, but I'm not able to find a solution for mine.
My deal is this.. I got the infamous SERV TPM message, so I went into the stealership. They tell me I have 2 bad sensors, so I pay the damn bill. Not 5min later as I'm on the HWY headed home, IT'S BACK ON?! I take it back the following morning and drop it off again. I finally get a call and the guy tells me that they had to reset the system, they drove it around and it's fixed. As I'm talking to the service guy that afternoon, he makes a comment about the message reappearing and if it does I have bigger problems.. YOU CAN'T DROP A BOMB LIKE THAT RIGHT BEFORE I DRIVE AWAY! Naturally, I ask questions. In his world, if the message reappears, then there is a bigger problem with the BCM and if this is the case I'm looking at a 3K+ repair!? Well, my luck is the damn message comes back on as I take my exit home!!!
SO.. My question is simple, is there anyway to bypass this error message and make it go away? I'm not receiving the low tire symbol, just the SERV TPM message on the dash. Thanks

Old 09-07-2011, 09:05 PM

Take it easy, have a drink, smoke a lefty, whatever, its just a Serv TPM message. Iknow it might be a little annoying but certainly not worth that much stress. And at 3k because the message won't go off?!? The place is obviously a joke and I would not trust what they are telling you. Get another opinion if it bothers you that much and definitely don't spend another penny at that place.

More and more of these dealership stories are sounding like someone is taking a rocket ship to a bicycle repair shop "I dont never think I seen nuffin like dis before but we'll giver er a try. Yup needs a muffler bearing that is matched and ported to yo tailpape"

Last edited by Widespread Hummer; 09-07-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:10 PM

The one thing I've noticed about our vehicles, it whatever you've been messing with lately likes to pop up on the dash, and then goes away eventually.

New tires installed and had a TPM moved out of one of the wheels so the wheel with the old tire could be used as a spare? TPM light.

Messing with my stereo and having the dash apart with the 4x4 controls removed and the accessory turned on? Traction failed messages.

Now mind you none of this happened right when I did any of this stuff. For the traction failed it happened for about a week every day after messing with the 4x4 controls. The TPM message, happened for about two days after I got new tires and hasn't happened since then.

Give it a day or two and see if it doesn't go away.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:22 PM
DH3

That is the truth Drake. I'll let her ride and well see what happens. I'll update later
Thanks

Old 09-07-2011, 11:15 PM

Dh3, lets try to get to the bottom of this. What year is your H3? The batteries only last for so long. Trust us it's not a $3K fix!

If one of your batteries in your TPMs is going it will show a Serv TPM code. They run about $25-40 each plus dismount/remount and balance of yoru tires. If one is going then you might as well replace them all. Most tire monkeys have a sensor reader and can tell you which one is NOT transmitting any more.

please, Don't ever go back to that dealers service center! There are some GREAT dealers out there that are very honest and take customer service and repeat business very seriously! Let us know what state and city you are in so we can recommend a reputible dealer if we know of one!

Old 09-08-2011, 06:30 AM

You may want to contact Kelly over at PCMforless...
If I'm not mistaken the TPMS is controlled by the PCM not the BCM, if you get a custom flash/tune done I believe you can have them by pass the whole system, than you won't have the message anymore...

Old 09-08-2011, 09:12 AM
DH3

2006 and i'm located in Little Rock, Arkansas. Landers Chevrolet in Benton is where I have been having the service done.
Also, just to clarify, the $3K fix was to go in and replace the BCM, TCM, PCM, ect., since they all compound off of one another (so I was told by the dealer). I'm definitely going to have a second opinion. Because unfortunately guys, I have to sell this beast and with a "SERV TPM" message showing on the dash, my chances are slim, especially since I have paper work showing that the problem should have been fixed...

Old 09-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Banned

somewhere between the tires and the bcm,pcm,? are sensors that pick up signals from the wheel units. a bad connection anywhere could contribute to the problem. dont have to be the bcm,pcm,whatcm.
somebody had a broken wire from a brake repair job cause a problem.
you need to find a mechanic that knows what he's doing, mite be hard

Old 09-08-2011, 10:28 AM

Does anyone know what the TPMS relearn procedure is? I know I've seen it somewhere around here before, maybe that would help him...

Old 09-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Banned

in all the books,guess we all figger that would be first thing a "mechanic"wood du!!
back to basics huh!

Quick Reply: Are you kidding me STEALERSHIP?!!