PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Default Won't Start

Have a '07 H3 for about 30 days. Sometimes it will not start. Give it 30 minutes and it starts. The security light flashes when it won't start. Have had the brains reinstalled and the starter switch replaced. Anyone have this problem and a possible fix?

Old 02-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Default RE: Won't Start

Never had that problem, take it to the dealership, they are awesome, Hummer of West Covina is the place to go in Southern California, they always take care of me - they even gave me a free wallet key, free tune up service, and free car wash.

Nothing in its price range can touch it -

Old 02-15-2007, 11:29 AM

security light? brains reinstalled? sounds suspicious to me for a first post...

Old 02-15-2007, 12:58 PM

Have had '07 H3 for about 50 days, and NO problems starting. Could you explain the security light please?

Old 02-15-2007, 04:36 PM

did you have a key made somewhere other than the dealership?

Old 02-16-2007, 04:59 PM

Security light in the dash board, on the lower right. The light looks like a lock witha car behind it. It is there to tell you that the security system is operable or not. The switch is a magnetic switch which runs on a small dc current that when you insert the key it reads a change in magnetic resistance and then allows you to start the truck.

Did not have an extra key made, those dont work very well. best off if you purchase a key from the dealership.

I thought this was a forum to exchange answers to common problems and not a social club. sounds like I need answers from someone more technical than Hummer Guy

Old 02-16-2007, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

It sounds like the dealer that replaced your computer in your H3 did not do a security re-learn process correctly. You need to take it back so they can reprogram the PCM the correct way. That's why it isn't starting.

Old 02-16-2007, 05:30 PM

ORIGINAL: wilesrh

Security light in the dash board, on the lower right. The light looks like a lock witha car behind it. It is there to tell you that the security system is operable or not. The switch is a magnetic switch which runs on a small dc current that when you insert the key it reads a change in magnetic resistance and then allows you to start the truck.

Did not have an extra key made, those dont work very well. best off if you purchase a key from the dealership.

I thought this was a forum to exchange answers to common problems and not a social club. sounds like I need answers from someone more technical than Hummer Guy
Don't get all defensive. Hummerforums is both a place to exchange Hummer info AND and bit of a Hummer social club, more so for some than others. You can decide where/if you want to fit in. Hummer Guy (www.hummerguy.net) knows a thing or two about Hummers, and there's no need to bash other people on this site. There have been many occasions where a new user comes along who is not really here to contribute, but is just trying to rag on Hummer owners or get their kicks leading people on with "mysterious" problems, or unlikely siutations, and people here can get a little sensitive about it. Also, give your questions time to be answered. Some people who may have the answers may not log in for days, or even weeks, so be patient. It's true some people here have lots of Hummer knowledge, others not so much, but it's a place for everyone to try and get along and share their Hummer experiences.

To try and help you further with your problem, the fact that you are talking about an '07 H3 (which I also have) means that this issue may be a newer one, and the fact that nobody else has brought it up on this site (try the search function) means that it must not really be that common. I am also assuming from your post, that as the security light is a component of the Passlock system, and the fact that it is always on when you have this problem, probably means that the two are related. You say you have had the "brains replaced" (PCM reprogrammed/reflashed is more recognizable term), and the ignition swith replaced, so obviously your dealer has made some attempt to remedy.

IMO, this is a fairly serious issue as you describe it. If a vehicle will not start reliably, itis extremely inconvenient, and even poses a safety risk to you and others. The fact that this is a new car makes it even less acceptable. I think the general concensus here would be that you should contactyour dealer again, and demand that they resolve this for you in a timely manner. Don't be afraid to pressure them, you paid for the warranty. Maybe you can squeeze out a free loaner, or get them to throw in some free maintenance or goodies for your trouble. If this isan issue other Hummer owners need to be aware of, or even if the fix turns out to be simple, members on this forum will bethankful for any updates you have.

Good luck.

Old 02-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

[sm=hail.gif][sm=icon_ladiesman.gif][sm=owned.gif][sm=youreright.gif]

Old 02-16-2007, 06:03 PM

LHB...[sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: Won't Start