PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring H3 power/heated seats into H3 with non-power seats?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by atvspeed4
Unfortunately at least on the 2009 H3T we bought, the wiring harness under the carpet is totally different and will require new plugs and running wiring back to the fuse panel. Crazy that even the driverside power cloth seat in the T has a different wiring harness than the power/ heated leather seat in our alpha. Why they didnt run the same harness is beyond my understanding...

I have never seen a factory cloth H3 that had the correct harness under the carpet to just plug in the heated power leather seats. We own/ owned a bunch of them at this point but I still am willing to learn something new
Thanks, that gives me a better idea of what to expect. I was most concerned about triggering an airbag fault and having to get that reset. That's an issue on my GTO whenever you unplug the seats let alone replace them with something else.

Old 05-24-2019, 10:58 PM
Default Need some help

Hi! I’m new to posting on this forum, though I’ve combed through various threads for years. I have a 2006 H3 base, and recently had the opportunity to get the seats out of a totaled 2009 luxury. Unfortunately due to impulse, a good deal right in front of me, and a desire for leather for years, I purchased them without researching the wiring differences. I know how to properly splice wires, but I am not so great at identifying them. Does anyone have pictures or could point me somewhere that shows pictures of which wires get spliced? I’m not an electrician by any means, and have rarely had to work on wiring (typically only if a wire has split, I’ve spliced it back together). I’m more thrown off because the colors are different, but here are pics of what the connectors look like. I found the diagrams so that’s a start. I have what I think may be an understanding of what needs to be done, but I definitely doubt my ability. Any input helps, thanks!

Old connector

Both new and old connectors

New connector

Old 05-24-2019, 11:31 PM

if you didnt get mating connectors from donor id go get them,it will help. i cant help beyond that,too many yrs ago i did it
it takes some work with wiring diagrams but you will get it. i used the orange wire for all power and its ok for 9 years. u dont need a separate run.
get a helper...

Old 05-25-2019, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by happythree
if you didnt get mating connectors from donor id go get them,it will help. i cant help beyond that,too many yrs ago i did it
it takes some work with wiring diagrams but you will get it. i used the orange wire for all power and its ok for 9 years. u dont need a separate run.
get a helper...

Makes sense, I did get the mating connectors thankfully to the guy knowing more about it than I did lol. I’ve been examining the diagrams, so I think I’ve got a good idea of what to do. I know one guy that may know something about it so I’ll reach out if it gets to that point. Maybe if I don’t screw it up I’ll make a detailed thread since it seems to be asked everyso often. Thank you for your reply!