Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Wiring H3 power/heated seats into H3 with non-power seats? (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/wiring-h3-power-heated-seats-into-h3-non-power-seats-39389/)

rsm688 02-11-2018 01:42 PM

Wiring H3 power/heated seats into H3 with non-power seats?

Has anyone swapped power/heated seats into their H3? I have an 06 and got a set of leather seats and bolted them in. The wiring harness underneath are different, there is an extra plug on the driver's side that is not on my original cloth non power drivers seat and on the passenger side there are 2 plugs from vehicle and 2 on seat but one plug is different.

Does anyone know if there is a pigtail that can be used to adapt or will they have to be wired up separately? Also, does anyone have the wiring harness diagrams for the power seats or a link to a manual with wiring diagram so I can figure out what the different wires/plugs are for?

Also, one plug on each harness plugs in to the new seats fine, however I notice my airbag light is on. I'm guessing this may be due to the fact that only 1 of 2 of the passenger side harness is plugged in since the plugs are different.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Spencer

ACCLR8N 05-15-2019 11:31 AM

Spencer,
Did you get the wiring sorted? I picked up a pair of '06 power seats last weekend for my '09 H3T. I am running into a lot of dead threads with missing pictures in my searching.

Doc Olds 05-15-2019 12:20 PM

The wiring diagrams are on line free. Plug in what fits, rewire the different connectors, there are no "pigtail adapters" ready for sale. Not much to sort.

daniiel777 05-15-2019 03:54 PM

Did you replace the back seat too? Or leave it cloth?

ACCLR8N 05-16-2019 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by daniiel777 (Post 360713)
Did you replace the back seat too? Or leave it cloth?

Several sites list Katzkin kits for the H3T though they don't on their own website. That is the route I am leaning. For the moment, I just wanted some more adjustability and power cloth seats are rare.

happythree 05-16-2019 11:14 AM

i did swap.

got pigtails from donor. plugs are different. i recall using the big orange wire for power and heat. no fires or explosions yet in 9 years.
had to mess with seat belt stuff??

daniiel777 05-16-2019 11:34 AM

Yeah on their website it only lists am general then hummer as the model then h2, and yeah I might do that but I want to see if I can get some power seats too

Doc Olds 05-16-2019 11:40 AM

Power seat swap ins are no brainers. On a scale of 1-10 (1 super easy; 10 complicated requiring special tools), the job is about a 2.

Buy the seats and have at it. I have done it on a bunch of GM trucks. If you find seats from the same year donor there is no wiring, just plug and play.

Like I said, the wire diagrams are on line free. If you know how to butt connect wires, you are almost done.

atvspeed4 05-17-2019 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds (Post 360733)
Power seat swap ins are no brainers. On a scale of 1-10 (1 super easy; 10 complicated requiring special tools), the job is about a 2.

Buy the seats and have at it. I have done it on a bunch of GM trucks. If you find seats from the same year donor there is no wiring, just plug and play.

Like I said, the wire diagrams are on line free. If you know how to butt connect wires, you are almost done.

Unfortunately at least on the 2009 H3T we bought, the wiring harness under the carpet is totally different and will require new plugs and running wiring back to the fuse panel. Crazy that even the driverside power cloth seat in the T has a different wiring harness than the power/ heated leather seat in our alpha. Why they didnt run the same harness is beyond my understanding...

I have never seen a factory cloth H3 that had the correct harness under the carpet to just plug in the heated power leather seats. We own/ owned a bunch of them at this point but I still am willing to learn something new

happythree 05-17-2019 11:09 PM

doc said it all,,,"
If you know how to butt connect wires, you are almost done."

you cam struggle with harnesses or just splice and be done. the orange wire does mine...its already there..