PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Wiring diagram and a question for Viper alarm owners...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Default Wiring diagram and a question for Viper alarm owners...

Would anyone here happen to have a wiring diagram, or picture, or could which wire is the power door lock wire is on the driver's side for an H3 2008? I had an alarm installed today and they did a klugey job because they couldn't find the wire in that huge bundle above the kick panel on the driver's side. I plan to figure which one it is and go back to have them fix it. I will stop by the dealer to see if they have one but thought someone here could help me sleep tonight.

For Viper alarm owners...does your LED flash even when the alarm isn't armed? Mine does and they told me that's normal. I find that hard to believe.

I'd appreciate any help you might be able to give.

H34me

Old 12-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Default RE: Wiring diagram and a question for Viper alarm owners...

Sorry, the first line should read...

or could "tell me" which wire is the power door lock wire

Old 12-07-2007, 04:04 PM

whats wrong with the stock alarm?

Old 12-07-2007, 07:36 PM

Hi branstone,

Nothing really and in retrospect I should have left well enough alone. I guess that I've always had shock & glass sensors and really just kinda followed my history with other vehicles. Don't know if it actually makes a lick of difference for anyone other than the causual joy rider type thief.

I got it all resolved with the install so I don't need the wiring diagram anymore. But, if anyone is contemplating a Viper on a 2008 install ping me. There's a couple things you should know.

H34me

Old 12-07-2007, 08:10 PM

Ihave a viper alarm on my jeep, don't know which model alarm it is. Its about a year old andwas $600. Anyway, I have had a ton of problems with it on my drivers side door lock, just recently got it fixed.

Although I don't know which wire your looking for, I can tell you my LED does NOT flash when the alarm is off. Sounds like someone did a shoddy job on your install mate.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:01 AM

ORIGINAL: branstone

whats wrong with the stock alarm?
It only triggers if the door is opened after being locked with the remote and not unlocked from the outside....... then all it does is honk the pathetic horn.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:15 AM

ORIGINAL: VanSmite

Ihave a viper alarm on my jeep, don't know which model alarm it is. Its about a year old andwas $600. Anyway, I have had a ton of problems with it on my drivers side door lock, just recently got it fixed.

Although I don't know which wire your looking for, I can tell you my LED does NOT flash when the alarm is off. Sounds like someone did a shoddy job on your install mate.
Thanks for the feedback VanSmite. Sorry to hear you had problems but glad to hear it is fixed.

You're right about the shoddy job. When I went back yesterday I had a different installer go through the car and he got everything squared away. I got the LED issue fixed...the alarm was in valet mode. I asked about this and the guy who did the install initially (the owner of the business, one of Viper's authorized shops) said that was normal. They did nick a bunch of blue wires looking for the door locks which really pissed me off. Fingers crossed electrical tape and the fact that they are in a tight bundle will prevent future issues.

All the best.

H34me