PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Windshield wiper blades

Old 02-17-2009, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by mikehartigan
I bought a pair of Valeo a month or so ago and they're good so far, though they haven't seen any real snow, yet. I got the 'buy one get one free' deal from TireRack, so I bought a few pairs for my other cars. I got both 17" and they seem to fit just fine - neither even approaches the edge of the glass, leading me to wonder why Hummer recommends 17" and 16" instead of both 17".
The 17" on the driver side in mine reaches very close to the edge on top in the upright position, another inch and would probably be hitting the roof molding..... but the 16" passanger side indeed has more space. I am sure they have some reason for it though.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:13 AM

Yeah, (almost-lol) always go with what the wiper application guide says as far as size. The wiper manufacturers and the vehicle manufacturers actually have a rhyme and reason / method to their maddness. Sometimes if the replacement application guides are a different size than the original OE wipers its because they found a problem that wasn't 100% critical but critical enough to correct the error when we go out and replace them.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:57 AM

We had a nice snow dusting here yesterday I didnt have much problem while driving in the snow. The next day when there was some ice in morning I couldnt get the wiper to sweep properly for about 20 mins. Even after cleaning the ice off the blades and such it still wouldnt clear the windshield washer fluid. I will be looking at replacing these blades soon.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:32 AM
Banned
Default btw,,,,

i just got an email about driving, rain,,,try sun glasses EVEN at night.
they say it makes a stunning difference, no glare!!!!
now im anx for a rainy nite!

tom

we shall see

Old 12-08-2009, 07:02 AM
Default Bosch Icon wiper blade rebate

all f.y.i...... Bosch is offering a $15 rebate on purchase of (2) Icon wiper blades through 12-31-09
http://www.boschautoparts.com/promot...bateOffer.aspx

'08 Birch White Alpha

Old 12-08-2009, 07:25 PM

I used the Silblade winter wipers on my Rubicon and the admiral's Subi, they work great and are guaranteed for five years. Make sure you get the winter blades. The stock blades have been shot on every new vehicle we have had in the last ten years, without fail, they were NG.

That said, I do now have a set of Rain X winter blades on the H3 simply because the factory blades were so bad I stopped while on a trip just after purchasing it and replaced them. In reality, you can spend $6.99 at an auto parts store on Anco winter blades and run them a year without issues.

Getting back to blade size. Yes you can run larger blades but the problem is the pressure the arm places on the blade is designed for a certain size. If you go larger, less pressure is applied, so you decide. DO NOT purchase a "contour" type blade for these windshields, they are FLAT!! Read the box, those are designed for the new, highly contoured windshields! They will have a problem laying FLAT on your screen.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:32 PM

you know I still have the stock blades on mine and what I have been doing since I have owned my h3 is when my vehicle isin't in use I put the wipers up. I know it sounds time consuming but the wipers are stock wipers and they still work good so far. I have about 48,000 miles on it. food for thought

Old 12-09-2009, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Bayrat
I used the Silblade winter wipers on my Rubicon and the admiral's Subi, they work great and are guaranteed for five years. Make sure you get the winter blades. The stock blades have been shot on every new vehicle we have had in the last ten years, without fail, they were NG.

That said, I do now have a set of Rain X winter blades on the H3 simply because the factory blades were so bad I stopped while on a trip just after purchasing it and replaced them. In reality, you can spend $6.99 at an auto parts store on Anco winter blades and run them a year without issues.

Getting back to blade size. Yes you can run larger blades but the problem is the pressure the arm places on the blade is designed for a certain size. If you go larger, less pressure is applied, so you decide. DO NOT purchase a "contour" type blade for these windshields, they are FLAT!! Read the box, those are designed for the new, highly contoured windshields! They will have a problem laying FLAT on your screen.
When you say do not purchase a "contour" type blade, are you refering to the "beam" blades such as the Rain-X Latitudes or the Bosch Icons (the type without the metal cage structure)? I was looking into purchasing one of these.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:52 AM

I have the latitudes on my 3 and don't have a problem. She was covered with snow this morning and it took all the ice and snow off in a couple swoops. Rain also works fine. I do add the Rain X liquid to the windshield for increased protection.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:32 AM

I use snow blades and i rain x my windows in michigan

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Windshield wiper blades