PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is why you bought a HUMMER!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
X2, not going to see me or any of my HUMMER friends at a THCI event!
X3, we have over 30 Hummers going to Rausch Creek in April for 2 days of wheeling and relaxing. We have plenty of fun without the T-shirts, door prizes, catered meals and any other "organization".

Old 03-21-2011, 08:32 AM

I really think you guys are blowing things way out of context here.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by HumminNBoatin
I really think you guys are blowing things way out of context here.
You may want to read over your posts again. If you can't see how they may have come across a little offensive then there is really no reason to continue this conversation.

Your organization already has a terrible reputation amongst the majority of Hummer owners. Your organization has the reputation of being a group of elitist H1 & H2 owners who turn your nose up at anyone who either does not own an H1, H2 or does not have a large reserve of cash to spend on a weekend wheeling trip.

For the money it would cost me and my family to do your event I could spend a week in Moab with dozens of other members and their families that also have high mechanical aptitude and at the very least the camaraderie to never leave anyone stuck on a trail. Your right we don't have a towing company and a dealership sitting on the sidelines just praying we break something so they can line their pockets a little more. We have friends who would gladly hand you a spare part to get you up and going only wanting a replacement for their spare kit in the future when your able. Sometimes just a thank you and a beer or two will suffice.

Some of THCIs reputation may very well be unwarranted however your posts over the last few days have affirmed every bit of the reputation in my mind. Maybe you were just joking around and trying to be light hearted but you have to understand that with the reputation your organization has your comments take on a context that you may not have intended.

All that being said I am sorry for calling you and your friends pompous asses. I should not have done that. I do not know you and therefore I can only assume that you as an individual are a fine person and that you genuinely desire to have everyone join your event and have a safe, fun, and memorable weekend where they make lots of good friends over some good food and wheeling.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:47 PM
rsc

Originally Posted by xllkoyokollx
We have friends who would gladly hand you a spare part to get you up and going only wanting a replacement for their spare kit in the future when your able. Sometimes just a thank you and a beer or two will suffice.
Amen brother. That's just being good people.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:36 AM

Can my Power Wagon be the recovery rig?

Old 03-23-2011, 06:53 PM

I went on this trip last year & had a great time, so personality conflicts aside (which you'll find at any group event) I'm just going to hit on the money aspect which seems to me is the big issue brought up here. Not counting gas, food on travel days or hotels.

Black Mnt.- $175 3 days of wheeling if you do the thursday pre run

Event fee- $175
which includes
park fee- $20
T shirt- $15
Food & Drink - this just my personal estimate based on last years trip & what I normally spend ($20-$30 a day for dinners & drinks) while on vacation @ a wheeling event. I'm not counting breakfast as that comes w/ the hotel unless they're planning something different this year.
Wed night beer -$10
Thur pizza & beer -$25
Fri cookout & beer - $25
Sat dinner & beer - $30

So that leaves them $50 for renting space for Saturday dinner & what ever else I don't know about.

Just to compare not bashing the R/C trip as I would have done it also if we weren't so busy @ work w/ spring break.

Rausch Creek- $160 2 days of wheeling

Event fee $00

park fees - $85

Fri dinner & drinks $25
Sat dinner & drinks $25
Sun dinner & drinks $25

Old 03-23-2011, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by JGBB04
... so personality conflicts aside (which you'll find at any group event) I'm just going to hit on the money aspect which seems to me is the big issue brought up here.
Gotta say you are a little off base here. There wasn't a personality conflict. There was a person who posted a flyer for their event followed by a person who asked a question about said event followed by a ridiculously overstated and rude response. That is what spurred the the comments you are referring to as a personality conflict. Also, money started out as an issue only large enough to merit a simple question. The BIG issue started in HumminNBoatin's second post of the thread.

Your math is a little off too.

According to your estimates which I believe to be a little high on all counts except the park fee and this is only a 2 day event not 4.

Event fee:...............$175
park fee:.................-$20
T shirt:...................-$15
Fri cookout & beer:...-$25 (Catered meals are rarely this much per person)
Sat dinner & beer:....-$30 (also is beer actually included?)
Leaves:...................$85

Breakfast is debatable some would say it is included in the hotel fee which is discounted for THCI members only. (Yeah there is a fee for that too.) To say that it is included in the event fee is a little misleading... Say for instance I decide to stay at a different hotel or camp... would it still be okay for me and my family to show up at the hotel and eat? I think not.

Lets also not forget that this is a corporate sponsored event so at least some of the cost is being absorbed by the sponsors (that is why they call them sponsors).

Last edited by xllkoyokollx; 03-24-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:52 AM

Maybe a poor choice of words on my part but I meant in the big picture kind of way w/ all of the past, present & future disagreements between individuals & clubs which I didn't want to to get into.

Now as for my math, people were comparing the cost of this trip to other events where you'd be paying for all this on your own so I based my dollar amounts on that. Like I said personal estimate & it's 3 days of wheeling if you do the the thursday pre run (I do) so if you don't then fine knock off the wednesday nights beer. I didn't include breakfast as I said that was inculded w/ the hotel unless they're doing something different this year. Holiday Inn's rate on their web site is $83 so we're getting $4 bucks knocked off. Yes they provided beer every night we were there & Harlan is a dry county so if you didn't know that ahead time like me add in an hours worth of driving to to Va & back to pick up beer. As for sponsors I only see 1 Rubberduck (which isn't a large company) last year they gave away several items & offered discounts on others to anyone that attended. & yes there is a yearly club membership fee.

Park fee - $20
T shirt - $15

Wed night beer -$10
Most everyone that does all 3 days of wheeling shows up wed night. Dinner is on you but they supplied beer while everyone socialized afterwards.

Thur - pizza & beer -$25
This is registration night, they provided pizza (delivered), soda & beer. I got pizza & soda delivered last night from the same chain cost me $14, did they get better deal on the pizzas sure but not much add in a 12 pack

Fri - cookout & beer - $25
We didn't do this last year, everyone went out in small groups for dinner. Estimate on what I spent on dinner ($15) & another 12 pack

Sat - dinner & beer - $30
Group dinner at a local restaurant, you had a choice of a few different items off their regular menu. I had steak which would've cost me around $20 & add in another 12 pack. This year they're renting space & having dinner catered.

That's what's included in the event fee, replace my amounts w/ what you feel it's worth & decide for yourself if it's worth it to you. I had a great time last year & didn't see or feel any elitist attitude from anyone I got to meet so for me it was worth it.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Who gives two flying rat terds about this banter? Either you are up for the trip or not.

If you don't have anything further to say in any positive manner, I would respectfully suggest we all just keep it to ourselves.

Some poeple have had great times on THC events, others do not like spending what they feel is not justified, we get it, move on.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:43 AM

I think its cute people think ky is the great white north come to northern ontario and see wat u think then. Lol

Quick Reply: This is why you bought a HUMMER!