PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

why is CBS dissing my hummer??

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Default why is CBS dissing my hummer??

did anyone see the CBS news tonight? they claim that the H3 failedininsurance sponsered (hmmmm) crash tests? of course the way they reported, the hummer failed miserably,which was not the case if you go to cbsnews.com...in front and side crashes (based on being struck by a barrier going 31mph) it rated acceptable, but the rear was rated poor, the kia sorrento scored better in the rear testing than the hummer, wwwwhhhhhaaatttt??? i find that hard to believe...the heralded nissan murano scored the highest in every catagory....i bought this car and felt(still do) safe; i am a mom and i have two little kids... and i wont lie to ya, i wanted a BIG safe vehicle, i dont go off roading or anything remotely like it....i still love my hummer, but i have to admit i feel a little more insecure...my husband thinks its crap...what do you guys think?? the only accident i had with my hummer, was i backed into someone, she was way too close and couldnt isee her, at a very slow speed...her front end was almost demolished, where as the bumper on theh3 had nary a scratch....cbs also said that you are safer in a car, which i have heard before...i think thats mostly due to the rollover factor....any thoughts??

Old 02-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Default RE: why is CBS dissing my hummer??

Yeah I saw the report this morning...I think its a bunch of @#$%. If you check other more recognized companies like MotorTrend, etc...the Hummer did really well. I feel plenty safe in my H3, and you should to......I believe it failed for the rear impact, because if I'm not mistaken, it doesn't have an upper airbag deployment for the rear window glass.....I could be wrong......
As far as those reports on tv, I don't give them much thought.......

Old 02-26-2008, 06:46 PM

Funny thing as I was reading this I also was watching the CBS news and this was the way I heard it and watched it.
They, at least here in Los Angeles only showed the lowest rating side crashes.The 3 cars they showed, in order being the worst, and may I add never once mentioned the H3 or any Hummer were.
1. Kia Salanto
2. Jeep Wrangler
3. Jeep Liberty

Old 02-26-2008, 06:55 PM

According to Traveller's ins. co. my vehicle is a safe vehicle. It costs me far less to insure this than any other vehicles I owned.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:15 PM

Well to begin with I never believe anything CBS News says anyway. Dan Rather soured me on CBS years ago. He was nothing but a headline grabbing POS and CBS loved it just for the ratings.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:21 PM

thats what you get for watching those liberal news stations lol. I wouldn't pay much attention to it there is allot of hate on Hummers which I really don't understand becasue and H3 is hardly a gas hog compared to many other mid sized suv's and pick ups. Allot of what I have seen and been told at the Hummer dealer was that they high saftey ratings and as someone else said above the insurance comany's see to feel safe insuring them so............

Old 02-26-2008, 08:13 PM

tell cbs to shove it! you want proof about the h3s legit rear impact? read on: https://www.hummerforums.com/m_100561/tm.htm

they dont know ****. freakin Communist Broadcast System doesnt like gas guzzling hummers.

humm on!

Old 02-26-2008, 08:13 PM

As long as YOU feel safe, I wouldn't care much about what other people say. When your time is up...it's up regardless.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:20 PM

i dont give a damn what anyone says.I LOVE MY H3 and wouldnt trade it for anything

Old 02-26-2008, 08:45 PM

Listen, you can think what you want and I joke about politics on here and REALLY try to stay out of it on the serious side. But, the mainstream media promotes whatever is hot at the time. Right now that's being green and all of these foriegn cars "say" green more than Hummer does. Hummer and Green don't go together. Whether or not the H3 is better than alot of other SUV's (I agree that it does by the way) or not it still says hummer on it. It's not popular to be rich we all know that most of us here are not. But Hummer says $$$ to most ignorant, jealous people. Hate because my house is nice, I have nice things and I drive a Hummer. I don't care, if they spent half as much time working to get what we have instead of just sitting around bitching about it, they probably could have it too. But then our Hummer's wouldn't be as special then, would they?

I say they are all jealous.

Quick Reply: why is CBS dissing my hummer??