PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What to like abouot your H3 and what do not like?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 05:39 AM
Default RE: What to like abouot your H3 and what do not like?

Overall, I am really happy with my H3. I knew exactly what I was getting before purchasing so there were no surprises. I knew it isa bit underpowered but it's rarely a problem or even noticeable in my daily use. I also knew about the poor visibility through the small windows-also not a problem as I just take extra caution when backing up.BUT I can say that it is the shiz in the snow. I live outside of Denver and my H3has been througha lot so far this winter.I never have to worry about getting somewhere when the roads are not plowed. Couldn't love my truck more!

Old 01-23-2007, 02:45 AM
Default RE: What to like abouot your H3 and what do not like?

I recently purchased a red 2007 H3 with the adventure package, step bars, brush guard, and off-road lights (both grille and light bar). Here's my impression thus far:

- Very comfortable ride for such an off-road capable SUV (my opin, most SUVs on the market arenot reallyoff-road capable)
- Corners extremely well, especially for such a high vehicle
- Interior is nice, not luxurious, but that's not what I was purchasing. The "U" is for Utility. Interior is nicer then the new Toyo 4 Runner.
- Sunroof is awesome (however, mine is not working right now)
- Sound system is very nice.
- The look of this vehicle stands out above all the other plain wrapper SUVs out on the market!!!
- Very solid feel to it. Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to take it off road yet, but will soon, can't wait!
- GM/Hummer Service Center has excellent customer service (here in Jax, FL anyway)

Dislikes:
- Gas mileage. GM markets this vehicle to get 15 city/19 highway, I'm barelygetting 15 and all my driving is highway (and I don't accelerate quickly either).
- Quality issues: the fan clutch has been replaced, a fog lamp was fixed (almost fell out),and it's going in tomorrow to have a sunroof module replaced, and I've only had the vehicle for 1 month! Also found what appears to be a welding "slag" on the roof that was painted over that they will be taking to the body shop to remove.
- Lack of side mirror defoggers. I have to say I am suprised that GM hasn't made this a standard by now. My 10 yr old Nissan Pathfinder SE (not the luxury model) came with side mirror defoggers. Rear window defogger takes a long time.
- Fixed rear window. I know why it's fixed, but I miss the pop-up rear window I had on my 10 yr old pathfinder.
- Lack of storage areas in the front cabin area. The side storage areas are useless except for a map or magazine.

Overall, I'm very happy with my new H3, just wish I wasn't making so many trips to the dealership due to quality issues. My hope is that once these last items are corrected, the only time they'll see me is for service. It's nice though that the folks at my local dealership are extremely helpful. Also,I do wish it got the gas mileage that's stated. 15 is not extremely bad, just was expecting better.

In my opinion, if you're looking for an SUV that stands out from the rest and is capable of doing some off roading, then you should seriously consider the H3. If you're looking for a "soccer mom" type SUV withmore luxury and bettergas mileage(and there's nothing wrong with that), there are better options out there.

Good luck on your purchase!