PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What to like abouot your H3 and what do not like?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Default RE: What to like abouot your H3 and what do not like?

FM..you have a problem then..

Because my dome lights both come on when I open just the rear cargo door...You might want to check to see if the little button to the lower left of the headlight switch is pressed ON!

Old 01-11-2007, 09:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

...............You might want to check to see if the little button to the lower left of the headlight switch is pressed ON!
So THAT'S why my interior lights never came on. Just corrected it. I know, I know ......... read the manual.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:47 PM

Hummer service and warranty is very good so don't worry about repairs, you'll be covered and most dealers will give you a free loaner car. If you buy from an exclusive dealer, expect the same or better pampering and service as you would expect from any luxury brand.

When you buy, make sure to get at least the luxury package, Monsoon sound system, Sunroof, trailer hitch, roof racks,and GM step bars (if your wife is short or you have kids). The adventure package is not needed unless you really want to do a lot ofhard-core off-roading. You can also at least upgrade to larger tires later when you need to replace. XM is a nice-to-have and OnStar with America's Choice calling on your family plan is the safest way to go and will also add a certain wow-factor when your wife is cruising with her friends.

Biggest down sideis a blind spot thatis slightly worse thanmany SUV's with tinted glasswhen backing up but turning radius is extremelytight so it's a wash when it comes to parking lots.

Overall, it's a great truck. Good luck with your purchase and hopefully your wife will give you the keys every now and then!

Old 01-11-2007, 09:49 PM

I really like the ability to not be stopped by the snow even when not on 4lock.
The solid feel around the passengers is comforting, and the crask test results are tops.
Turning radius is awesome.
The rear seats have fairly good knee room even with front seats all the way back.
The storage compartments are effective and accessable.
pulls cars out of snow drifts--even cop cars (x2)--hope it will help down the road..!!??

dislikes.....
The rear wiper needs to have more wipe distance.
Needs lowering suspension system for the driver to allow use of drive up ATM's. HA_HA

I previously owned a 92 Bronco with a 351 Windsor which died at 257000miles. The H3 is tops except
for the power. 5-6 mpg difference is a plus also.

Needless to say, + + + + on the purchase and not disappointed at all!!

Old 01-11-2007, 09:56 PM

what your wife will probably like most, is that the H3 comes stock with a skirt [8D][&:][8D]at least, that's what i got out of the discovery special on hummers. and the H2 looks great being pulled up a hill by an H1.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:42 PM

From a womens point of few...I like everything about my H3..except the payments.[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif], but I wouldn't drive anything else..I say go for it.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

FM..you have a problem then..

Because my dome lights both come on when I open just the rear cargo door...You might want to check to see if the little button to the lower left of the headlight switch is pressed ON!
Switch is on, the lights work when the doors are opened... just not when the cargo door is opened. I don't even see a switch/actuator for the cargo door. So I either have a problem, or they jipped me. For instance, if I get out of the drivers door and close it, and open the cargo door.. the light will actually go off after just a bit as if it's only acting on the closing of the drivers door. It doesn't recongnize the cargo door at all. [&:][:@]

Old 01-12-2007, 02:47 AM

fireman, try to have the truck running and all doors closed, open the rear hatch door and see if you get an open door message on the display. Maybe your door switch is stuck in. That could be why you aren't getting it to turn on the light when you open the door. If there is no open door message then you know the switch is faulty. My lights come on when I open the rear door.

Old 01-12-2007, 02:56 AM

I'll certainly have to check into it. Right now, it acts as though there is no switch at all. I have not paid attention to see if the door message comes up, but I'll check on that.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:07 AM

OK, I armed myself with a flashlight and quickly found the switch. (all the other times I thinkabout it, it's dark and I can't see ) The switch is shorting out. If I push it in, it doesn't work, but if I push it to the right a bit the lights come on, but fade back out if I don't hold it there. Guess I'll have an excuse to chat with the pretty girls at the service center...

Thanks for shedding some light on this... [8D]

Quick Reply: What to like abouot your H3 and what do not like?