PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What do you guys think of this door molding?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: What do you guys think of this door molding?

WTF?! She opened the door THAT hard to cause that big of a dent? Nice parking job. I hate when people can't park between two white lines. They shouldn't be freakin' driving [:@]

Old 04-11-2008, 03:54 PM

Her door was cracked at the weld seam, from where she banged it into other people's doors, over a short period of time. Her whole door looked like hell....luckily she only got me a little bit, barely noticeable, plus I don't have that truck anymore

Old 04-12-2008, 11:12 AM

I park in no man's land for this very reason. I park way way out and then will straddle then angle it or straddle theline sometimes. I would never do this in the prime parking area like some A-holes. Door dings keep me up at night. When I built my carport I parked my 3 with all the doors batwinged then measured from there how wide to put the poles.

I think that molding in the pic looks ok though.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Trooper. The problem I have is the bridge going to my normal train station is under construction for the next 4 months, cutting off all reasonable access to the station. I have to take a different line.The lot holds thousands of cars, literally, but the spaces are very tight and the lot fills to 100% capacity daily, so no matter where I park, I'm in a bad spot.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:40 AM

ORIGINAL: solarflare

What I hate the most, is when you are sitting in your 3 and a big, overweight woman parks next to you, and then swings the door wide open into your 3....it happened in my other H3.....was I mad......!!!!
That makes me absolutely crazy! [:'(] Especially when the moron acts as if nothing is wrong. If that happens I’ll ask them "what the hell is wrong with you" and then say to them "you’re not actually going to leave your car there all by itself are you?" That really makes them think! []

Old 04-12-2008, 07:26 PM

Unfortunately ther are people like this, and it appears looking at her door and the way she parked she did it deliberately to you and others.She musthave alot of hate and envybuilt up to do this. I also am the one that parks way down the parking lot to avoid people like her. But have younoticed that sometimes when you park far away there is alway's some beater car that parks next to you to **** you off.[:@]

Old 04-13-2008, 06:58 AM

OK I told you my kids were my own worst enemy. My wife and daughter get home yesterday and park next to my rig in the garage. Usually my daughter gets out on the drivers side of my wifes suv. Not this day, wham, throws the door open and puts a 2 inch long vertical ding in my deuce. The bad thing is my daughter knows better than to do this, so we had a little talk, crying, etc., mostly on my part. Then she goes to her dresser and pulls out her bank and says, I will fix it dad, I am so sorry. MY heart melted and I couldn't be mad anymore. Of course, I am going to let her pay for it, at least thats what she'll think anyway.

Anyway, like I said, nothing you can do about dents and dings. No matter what you do.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

I got my first and ONLY door ding at the body shop when it was being repaired after my accident... and they refused to fix it... they said it came in that way... but wasn't part of the accident...

I asked them if they were ****ing kidding me... why not fix it since you are already repainting the door... and let me know.. they were full of **** all the way around... and I would NEVER go back there.... Just this weekend I found a piece of the truck they didn't bother putting back on... It never ends...

Old 04-13-2008, 08:59 AM

What I hate is when I find an nice end spot and crowd the open side with my tires ON that line -- some moron says "wow, an extra big space" and parks half in what is left over in MY space. I always park in an "end" space and have kept door dings from appearing since 2000. I probably just crapped on my future luck by saying that .

I found out yesterday that (luckily) my step bars caught my wifes doors on her new Vue. I was helping her get groceries out of the car then I heard a "bam"....she said "oops", then just went in the house....oblivious to what she did. Good thing it only marked the step bar just a tiny bit -- can't even see it unless you really look hard.

Shopping carts are the worst too -- I always park at the top of a hilly parking lot. I've seen many carts SLAM into cars in our neighborhood Target parking lot. The parking lot slopes toward the store (auto cart return??) at about a 5% (or more) grade and carts
REALLY pick up steam. I've seen a few really slam into people's doors. I've actually saved a few people by running and catching a few.

As far as large ugly women -- I don't park near them.....don't want to get "ugly" on my H3 .

Old 04-13-2008, 06:57 PM

I do the same thing...park way out away from everyone.......this was an end spot and I went way over in the spot, but this lady just said, oh boy extra space!!! and parked right up on me! The worst part was my mom and I were both sitting in the Hummer when she slammed the door into mine!!!![:@] I had to go after her in the grocery store. I told her umm you just hit my door and put a mark in it...I need your insurance information. She started talking in some foreign language and called her husband(boyfriend??) and started screaming at the top of her lungs.....then you could tell the husband asked what type of vehicle it was, and she looked all around and then said to me "Hummer"????......and I said yes...she said Hummer to her husband on the cell, and all you could hear was "ohhh!!!" on the other end......
I thought that was funny. She said she was going to report it to her insurance company.....She never did!!! I can't imagine what her rates are at now......!!!!!!
So side molding is a good idea, if perhaps you attract crappy little cars, even if you do park way out!!!

Quick Reply: What do you guys think of this door molding?