PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What do you guys think of this door molding?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator
Default What do you guys think of this door molding?

Where I park my truck now in the morning, the spaces are tight and I see people hitting my doors constantly.

I want to put some kind of molding on so I wont get any knicks or dents

So i made this little comparison. I'm no PhotoShop guru unfortunately:

What do you think? It's not too bad if I get a strip that is the same size I think.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Default RE: What do you guys think of this door molding?

i think it looks pretty good - like it was designed to be there. and if it saves you some dents, all the better.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:25 PM

I think it looks good, and not to bad with the photoshop skills. I am sure, the day you put it on, some a-holeis going to throwthe door open and wham, it misses the molding by a couple of inches. That would be par for the course wound't it.

Oh if you haven't noticed I am glass half empty kind of guy.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:27 PM

Rocky Road sliders will stop most cars from dinging you. I thought you were going for a less-is-more look? My vote would be no, after I say you should do what you like.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Personally I don't care for it. The U steps on the H2 did a great job of protecting the doors on it. Unfortunately some guy in another high clearance vehicle parks next to you and they don't catch his door anymore. Same dilemma you have Mike, No matter what you put on there someone will match up perfectly to ding your door. Whatever you like do but I prefer the clean look.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

I am. I don't want those on there, but I've seen with my own eyes people doing it from the window of the train as it leaves the station. I thought about the rock sliders actually. That was going to be my next question, if they do make it harder for people to do that. I'd rather wait for those then put more stick-on crap on my truck. I just spent the last month taking it all off.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:41 PM

I must agree, the u steps certainly doa great job in parking lots, but my u steps are useless against the mystical force that is mykids. I get more marks and scuffs from them than anything. [:@]

Old 04-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I'm not a big stickler for dents and dings. It usually doesn't bother me, but if it's going to happen, it should happen on the trails, not in the parking lot [:@]

I just like hearing people's opinions. Make's it easier to decide what to do and not do.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:03 PM

What I hate the most, is when you are sitting in your 3 and a big, overweight woman parks next to you, and then swings the door wide open into your 3....it happened in my other H3.....was I mad......!!!!
I called my insurance and they took care of it....Luckily the lady that did it, that had the same insurance, so they took care of it.
Here are some pics:
The first one shows how she parked over the line, into my space. The second one shows how badly damaged here new truck door already was....so you could tell she did this all the time. What really ticked me off is that she starting screaming at me in another language, and said it's just a truck....who cares.......[:@]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3977/475746B6F08A46879755533A4977B123.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3977/F360ACF4E6D348E991183390A3349759.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-11-2008, 03:39 PM

Just ******* PARK!!!!

Quick Reply: What do you guys think of this door molding?