PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

wet wet wet!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 04:16 AM
Default wet wet wet!!!!!

hi, just got some major problem on my hummer3. a couple of days ago i noticed that my h3's interior was wet. upon inspecting the cause of this problem i noticed that the cars sunroof''s drainage was clogged. so what i did is got my self a stick a tried poking it. upon doing it i noticed that the water eventually went down but instead of making it better it got worse. i noticed that the water was drippin under the glove compartment. now im stuck and i dont know what to do or is it even repairable or what part do i need to replace.

btw im from the philippines (we dont have any local h3 dealers)

Old 07-29-2009, 06:08 AM

Any GMC dealers?

Old 07-29-2009, 06:10 AM

Maybe an air compressor would help blow out any debree?

Old 07-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by D VADER
Any GMC dealers?
theres a chevrolet. but based on my older experience they charge us an arm and a leg for some h3 parts (ex. a oem air filter cost about $180 compared to $30 there in the US) but if theres no choice then i might as well sell my kidney lol

Old 07-29-2009, 09:37 AM

Typically you can get a can of air like what is used for computers and put the nozzle in the drain plug and blow it out. That usually fixes the problem.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by jun_mazda
hi, just got some major problem on my hummer3. a couple of days ago i noticed that my h3's interior was wet. upon inspecting the cause of this problem i noticed that the cars sunroof''s drainage was clogged. so what i did is got my self a stick a tried poking it. upon doing it i noticed that the water eventually went down but instead of making it better it got worse. i noticed that the water was drippin under the glove compartment. now im stuck and i dont know what to do or is it even repairable or what part do i need to replace.

btw im from the philippines (we dont have any local h3 dealers)
You have likely just pushed the rubber drain hose off of the plastic nipple/tube molded into the sunroof drain tray. There is no way to clear the clogs with a stick because the drain hose curves down inside the windshild frame (A-Pillar).

1. remove A-pillar trim - you will see rubber drain hose (along with some wiring harnesses)
2. remove sun visors
3. pull off rubber weather stripping from door/headliner trim
4. carfully pull down headliner along the top of door opening enough to locate drain hose
5. reattach rubber drain hose to sunroof drain tray
6. go to dealer or gas station and ask them to blow the two front drains open with compressed air - they will need a rubber tipped air nozzle to do this
7. make sure that step 6. did not blow the rubber drain hose off again
8. test drains with a bottle of water poured on the drain area, test both sides
9. Reattach the removed trim

I had to go up over 60 psi to clear one of our drains the first time. It made quite a pop when it cleared! We park under a maple tree that drops stuff almost year round. Now I just blow the openings clear twice a year before they clog and all's been okay for two years.

There are also two more drain holes at the rear of the sunroof. You can't get to them without dropping the headliner completely at the rear. I'm sure mine are clogged too but haven't had a problem as long as the front two drains are clear.

This problem is common with almost all cars with such sunroofs. I would think that any repair shop should be able to just fix the problem for you if you don't want to do it yourself.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:26 PM

^^^^^^
what he said. I had the same problem many times with the sunroof in my ZR2. Damn trees!

Old 07-30-2009, 10:24 AM

sir got pics on your step by step DIY unclogging the sunroof since im more of a DIY (destroy it yourself) kind of guy

Old 07-30-2009, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by jun_mazda
sir got pics on your step by step DIY unclogging the sunroof since im more of a DIY (destroy it yourself) kind of guy
The front two drains are easy to clear as per what I posted.

If you figure out a way to clear the rear two drains, please post a similar "how to"!

Old 12-27-2011, 03:12 PM

have same issue with my 2007 h3,what about the airbag sign on the A-pillar.
should i be concerned about the airbag?

Quick Reply: wet wet wet!!!!!